Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Cool, thanks. I know with the TJ rubicon wheels, tire size gets limited due to backspacing and tire rub. That's a good data point.
Anytime brother, glad that helped you. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you. I can take some pictures for clearance sake if need be.

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Back from the frame shop. Stopped at a flower shop for the Mrs. to get some flowers got a photo op. Got the tailgate all finished up this weekend - got the windows out but didnt get to do any joyriding. Hopefully work on the lift next.

Otherwise, I already knew the rear axle was sitting to the passenger side for some reason, but I found that the axle is kind of like this / . It is very faint but it's enough that it pulls so I dont see anything evident - I hope maybe a blown bushing.. All the brackets look fine, the tubes look fine in the housing and the tubes are strait based on a strait edge.. So ugh.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Got my new license plate bracket installed. Pretty hardcore - you might ask why I didn't just build a buggy at this point, I get it.

Then, pulled out some freebie Husky liners out of the parts shed and my littliest guy helped me clean them.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
More hardcore updates...

I spent a LOT of time trying to get the hood cut perfectly before it all went out to paint. Went to paint and the gap wasnt quite right. Did some tweaking last night and it's "better". I am anal with certain things and others not so much. You will also notice the bend to the rear drivers fender is strait now - thanks body shop!

In other news, I started loosing suspension bolts so we can zip through the lift this weekend and hopefully get her out of the weeds just a smidge.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thanks bro. A hodgepodge.. 2" RK springs, Bilsteins, Several different flavor of arms and track bars but all of them are adjustable, Currie Steering and Currie Antirock.

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I hate you Poison Spyder - now that you’re owned by TransAmerican. Their quality control has gone in the toilet..

These are my new rear flares. Two lefts and no rights!

This is not my first run in and should be the last.

Otherwise, it looks gangster.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Sunday started with 80’s hotrod look, ending in something that resembles a lifted Jeep.

Memorial Day netted me mounting the bilsteins in front, antirock, and TB spacer. Afraid I’m done for the day sadly.

Lots and lots to go. I’ve only changed one set of control arms and those are the upper rears. Rear shocks are the ranchos that were on it. Steering and front track bar solution needed. Ugh.

** if anyone has a BOLT IN front track bar please let me know. I have a RE1600 but I’m not thrilled about drilling that hole.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Ye Olde MacDonalds!

Congrats, looks good :rock:

But seriously, WTF is the deal with that place?
Thanks man! After the were sold to TransAmerican it just went downhill. I had another issue with some of their flares a couple years ago, and last spring I had 3 sets of standard defender front fenders that were warped badly - finally took switching to high lines(different jig) to get it right. ugh.

Thanks @greygoose and @xj4life.

Talking to @fabricator about building me a HP44 front axle. Kevin :fish:

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Well, what a trainwreck. Morris4x4 wouldn't help me, haven't even bothered to call me back. Poison Spyder, after about 1.5 hours on hold waiting on one particular dude he is allegedly sending me a set of aluminum rear defenders for my trouble. Every little bit of weight counts on the fat pig - and besides, I'm running 35's on 3.73 gears!!! :poke:

Need to change 3 of the 4 sets of stocks out for adjustables, and install the currie steering. Then she is ready for the alignment shop.

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Missed a bunch here. Hopefully this is helpful to like 3 of you.

Currie steering in, went to alignment shop but they didnt do anything because I took a short cut and took out the jam on the front track bar, well they wont align it without said jam nut.

Anyway, drove it around a bunch this weekend with the kids. Developed a funny surging problem after installing the TB spacer. Well first i had a air leak, so I fixed that now I have a surge.

Installed the $7 washer bottle, made some aluminum tailgate delete things rather than paying $50 for them, I dont remember what else.

Oh, the new aluminum poison spyder bolt on flares showed up and they of course are not of the best quality.. Shocker.

Attachments

101 - 118 of 118 Posts