Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
No. I like Michigan and I don’t like all the items I listed.
OHHH, I see, I thought you were disputing sub zero temperatures in MI...

I don't like sub-zero temps, snow, or being a part of the RV industry... Actually if you must know I was going to be the next Joe Exotic but with alligators.

·
Gustafson
9,057 Posts
OHHH, I see, I thought you were disputing sub zero temperatures in MI...

I don't like sub-zero temps, snow, or being a part of the RV industry... Actually if you must know I was going to be the next Joe Exotic but with alligators.
Not to speak for him, but he was. He said you would be hard pressed to find sub-zero temperatures in the LP (lower peninsula) of Michigan. This isn't northern Minnesota. it's rare we see below zero temps. Either way, congrats on the move.

No. I like Michigan and I don’t like all the items I listed.
X2 :sonicjay:

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Not to speak for him, but he was. He said you would be hard pressed to find sub-zero temperatures in the LP (lower peninsula) of Michigan. This isn't northern Minnesota. it's rare we see below zero temps. Either way, congrats on the move.
I made a joke in jest about it being sub zero.... Nevertheless, I am literally 10 minutes from the MI border, and last winter (2019) we had almost a week of sub zero temperatures. "hard pressed" or "rare" I am not disputing that. It happens.

Can we be done talking about it now?

·
Gustafson
9,057 Posts
I made a joke in jest about it being sub zero.... Nevertheless, I am literally 10 minutes from the MI border, and last winter (2019) we had almost a week of sub zero temperatures. "hard pressed" or "rare" I am not disputing that. It happens.

:sonicjay: It was just a response to your statement.... It's all good.

·
Yooper In Training
7,053 Posts
Don't church it up, Dirt.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts

No. :finger:

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
315’s and no lift currently, but soon to come.

Attachments

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,883 Posts
Could stretch it a little, would look great with the front a bit farther out. Sinister makes a steering box relocation kit that'll put the steering box farther out and malt it a bit a easier

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Some how I missed all the recent updates. Looking good! What's it at the frame shop for?

Thanks bro! It was back on the first page but I neglected to really discuss it looks like.

Really I think what happened, it had a 1/4" thick bumper and it got tapped in the rear and kinked the frame. If it had a stock bumper it would have taken most or all of the impact and simply crushed it.. Anyway so it did that and pulled the side of the tub in a little at the fender flare. Ill see if I can capture that. So they are going to pull that out a bit so the flare sits flat.

Love the wheels and tires!! Just needs a little lift now. (I know, it's coming)
Thanks man! I have 2" RK springs, all 8 adjustable control arms, both adjustable track bars, Currie Antirock, Currie steering, and Bilstein 5100's. A lot of the stuff is basically free - parts I took off of part outs, so thats nice.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Looks good
Thanks Jim!

Nice. Sorry if double ask or you showed.. but are you running wheel spacers? If not, any rubbing on control arms? Stock axles, right?

Those are AEV 17" wheels?
Thanks. You know what I didn't, i'm sorry. They are 16x8 Quadratec Rubicon Extreme wheels, 4.5" backspacing. Stock axles yes, and they only rub on a lock to lock turn situation on the control arms as far as I can tell. Ideally I would have preferred a 4" backspace - seems like the sweet spot to me, but they only offered that in the 15" wheel. Hope that helps!

81 - 100 of 118 Posts