Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Get yourself a laser level, level the body to the laser so that the front and back of the fender line up to the laser. Remove fender, close hood and then the laser provides you that perfect line of where the fender was.

Then get some edging to really clean it up nice. It worked perfectly for me. If you want to give me a call I can talk you through it more thoroughly but I think you get the idea.

This is the best one I have that shows the fenders.
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
View attachment 265130

Thanks bro. I use Protekto trim from back in my XJ days of cutting fenders. Thanks for the advice, i might give that a shot!

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
Thanks bro. I use Protekto trim from back in my XJ days of cutting fenders. Thanks for the advice, i might give that a shot!
I miss XJs. :(

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
Me too, I doubt I'll ever own another one due to rust and they kinda tank in value. I have seen some on the internets with like 200K+ miles and people want STUPID money for them. Ugh.
I know, I look from time to time myself and I have noticed anything that isn't junk people want a freakin kidney for.

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just cut across the crease or whatever and will flap wheel it down - takes TIME but should be the best result.

First pass and then had to come back to "work", I'll go back out for another smoke break soon!

Have no fear, it looks chopped but there is a lot that needs cut out of the front for it to come down.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got a little more done on Easter here and there. Intake tube chopped down to accept an eBay air filter, still waiting on the TB spacer. Got the passenger inner fender all bolted in - still need to address the vacuum canister though I just realized.

So I didn't take any pics but I would like to mention I had to buy a new seat. Honestly im not sure what was wrong with it, but the OG seat wouldn't flip forward and it had gangster lean. I bought another 06 seat(specific seat cover) but it wasn't as nice as I would have hoped. So I found this great document:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Removing-Fabric-from-03-Wrangler-for-Washing/

and I went to swapping my covers over onto this other seat. The document makes you feel really good about yourself, but wowsers that sucked super bad. I cant say I ever want to do it again, but I would certainly be quicker about it next time. So the last pic is of the seat back in and it works nicely! It was every bit of about a 3 hour job all said and done.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 118 Posts