Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Took the belly skid down to find the only thing holding in place besides the weight of the trans was the exhaust hanger.. threads were mostly stripped. Went and got longer bolts and locktited the pee out of them - will see how they hold.

Installed a Teraflex belly skid which I got at a boneyard for $150!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Black Wood Rim Tints and shades
Automotive tire Rectangle Grey Gas Bumper
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,857 Posts
LOL My Johnny Joints have worked great.
It's probably because I didn't take a brand new product apart and modify it to make it "work great". I'm glad yours worked great, mine are sitting on a table wore out after 7 trips. Heims are too much maintenance but buying the tool to take JJ's apart and then modifying them when they are new out of the package to get them to work properly is totally normal haha. To thier credit, they had a softer ride with no noise.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,857 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
31,276 Posts
It's probably because I didn't take a brand new product apart and modify it to make it "work great". I'm glad yours worked great, mine are sitting on a table wore out after 7 trips. Heims are too much maintenance but buying the tool to take JJ's apart and then modifying them when they are new out of the package to get them to work properly is totally normal haha. To thier credit, they had a softer ride with no noise.
All true. But at least I figured out a way to make the last and be quiet. That's my frustration with heims. There is nothing you can do to keep them quiet other that keep spraying the shit out of them. By day 3 on our Sand Hollow trip they were making noise. (my buggy is a combo of heims and JJ's.)

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Check out this cute little trailer I picked up! Owner said it was a 1948 Montgomery Ward unit. Like to paint it up and lift it a bit to squeeze some 31’s under it maybe.

oh and here are some finished pics if you will of that belly skid.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Road surface
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sad to remove the Sinister back bumper but was going to be entirely too much fab to make it work. So…. Kicking it old school with a warn rear bumper.

Bought it at a garage sale, with a brand new Currie front track bar and new 4.0 valve cover, all for $160. Sold the track bar for $200 so sitting pretty!

I’ll be pulling my little trailer soon enough!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Looks like I missed quite a few updates! Love love love these $93 Amazon headlights. Purchase a few sets a year - say what you want but they are night and day difference over stockers!! (Pun intended)

notice the max-bilt taillights and warrior products license plate mount. Oh and she’s a submissive wetter!

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Automotive tire Tread Tire Road surface Automotive lighting

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Drove to Northwestern Indiana today for a bud to pick up some Rubihara wheels, ended up with a set of motobilt LJ sliders and finally nabbed my AEV wheels I have been having a difficult time finding..
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Been a hot minute here. Honestly i just got onto instagram and trying navigate getting filthy rich off endorsements and whatnot….. lol.

sliders are on, gonna have to cut the crap of them when I go with my fenders, even had totrim the stock flares to clear the side steps.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Any input on the sway bar yet?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I haven’t put any more than 50 miles on it probably. Acts like any other antirock that I’ve had. Maybe tighter? I have it on the second lowest setting and I spose I don’t feel a bunch of body roll? Sorry that’s all I’ve got which is not helpful.

so far the jeep or sway bar hasn’t imploded! :)

61 - 80 of 103 Posts