Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Got rocks?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Took the belly skid down to find the only thing holding in place besides the weight of the trans was the exhaust hanger.. threads were mostly stripped. Went and got longer bolts and locktited the pee out of them - will see how they hold.

Installed a Teraflex belly skid which I got at a boneyard for $150!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Black Wood Rim Tints and shades
Automotive tire Rectangle Grey Gas Bumper
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,847 Posts
LOL My Johnny Joints have worked great.
It's probably because I didn't take a brand new product apart and modify it to make it "work great". I'm glad yours worked great, mine are sitting on a table wore out after 7 trips. Heims are too much maintenance but buying the tool to take JJ's apart and then modifying them when they are new out of the package to get them to work properly is totally normal haha. To thier credit, they had a softer ride with no noise.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,847 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,960 Posts
It's probably because I didn't take a brand new product apart and modify it to make it "work great". I'm glad yours worked great, mine are sitting on a table wore out after 7 trips. Heims are too much maintenance but buying the tool to take JJ's apart and then modifying them when they are new out of the package to get them to work properly is totally normal haha. To thier credit, they had a softer ride with no noise.
All true. But at least I figured out a way to make the last and be quiet. That's my frustration with heims. There is nothing you can do to keep them quiet other that keep spraying the shit out of them. By day 3 on our Sand Hollow trip they were making noise. (my buggy is a combo of heims and JJ's.)

·
Got rocks?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Check out this cute little trailer I picked up! Owner said it was a 1948 Montgomery Ward unit. Like to paint it up and lift it a bit to squeeze some 31’s under it maybe.

oh and here are some finished pics if you will of that belly skid.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Road surface
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

61 - 67 of 67 Posts