Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Got rocks?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Nice looking arms. Make them yourself?
Thanks guys! I guess I could say I assembled them myself, but I didn't even weld them so I am not sure what to call it. The front uppers are 1/4"ish poop pipe(ironically) welded to a Barnes mount, and a Barnes Enduro joint. The lowers were made from I think(don't recall right now where I got them) Barnes poly bushings, 1/4" wall DOM, and Johnny joints, rear uppers are just Metal Cloaks.

I am not familiar with a decent track bar for 2" of lift so I spose for now I'll just run a bracket.

I drove this little door slammer down the road to pick up the control arms last night, and wow, what a vibrating, rattling, mess. I know that when I stole a couple bolts out of the case skid I noticed 2 of the 4 bolts that hold the trans mount to the trans were strait missing, and of course the rubber mount is destroyed - so maybe that's something.

Here is some crap that came out of the heater core. I was completely clogged, or I think completely clogged anyway, so needless to say I have it bypassed...

Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Tar Composite material

·
Got rocks?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
On some new rollers so it doesn’t look so goofy while I figure out what I’m going to do for wheels and tires. Spidertrax spacers, 15x8 Teflon looking wheels and 33x10.50’s. Still goofy looking but less goofy.

Grabbed my flares back from my buddy and they are just sitting there to look less goofy. A whole lot of goofy today!!!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,961 Posts
I was never able to get grease in my Johnny joints till I started modding them. The 2 plastic halves nest together and don't allow a grease path into the joint. (well a little tiny hole if you line it up perfect) I die grind about a 3/8" diameter into the halves and then make sure when I install them that they line up with the grease port. Wha-la! they take grease. :)

Oh, and spend the money for the joint press. Makes it 1000 times easier to assemble/disassemble.

·
Got rocks?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Flares kinda bolted on, markers in, front suspension stuff cleaned up a bit, and before and after Of original steering wheel and bag vs “new”. Not perfect but better - honestly I’ll have a hard time not having the leather wrapped wheel.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle
Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,185 Posts
LJ LOOKIN SEXY! Love those with a lift.

That sway bar looks really nice for $160. Looks just like my legit currie...just the link rod is yellow zinc.

·
Got rocks?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
41 - 60 of 67 Posts