Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,860 Posts
Jana44 as in what gearset in what axle? 44 in a 30? You mentioned Rubi axles so that should already be a D44. Or are you talking about the Jana K4 putting JK gears into an older 44? (I thought all 44 gearsets were the same but I guess not) If you put RCV's in a 44, I wouldn't hesitate to run 37's. Also with a Rubi 4:1 transfer case and 5.13's, 35's are too short. You will be geared too low in low range and won't be able to generate wheel speed.
FIFY

· LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,860 Posts
Nope not on my radar. Rock crawlers out west prefer joints over RCV's. I have been running Yukon Super joints since 2005/6-ish and have NEVER broken one. I started out with them on my D44 and then went straight to them on my 60 in 2008. I see ZERO reason to go RCV.
I've seen you wheel, I don't doubt you've never broken one. Rock bouncers run RCV's, RCV's are BETTER. Just admit that you don't have the best shit for a change. I can do cross sectional area calculations the same as you so don't even start :sonicjay:

· LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,860 Posts
LOL My Johnny Joints have worked great.
It's probably because I didn't take a brand new product apart and modify it to make it "work great". I'm glad yours worked great, mine are sitting on a table wore out after 7 trips. Heims are too much maintenance but buying the tool to take JJ's apart and then modifying them when they are new out of the package to get them to work properly is totally normal haha. To thier credit, they had a softer ride with no noise.

· LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,860 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts