Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoughts? Seems Jeep is expanding the Wrangler lineup. I wonder if the upcoming Bronco has anything to do with it? Either way, that 392 is bad ass.

·
Red Dragons!
1,984 Posts
If that 392 makes it’s way into a Gladiator I will have a difficult choice to make for my next vehicle.

·
Gustafson
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that 392 makes it’s way into a Gladiator I will have a difficult choice to make for my next vehicle.
I thought the same thing. IF it makes its way into a Gladiator I think I would have to get one.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,143 Posts
any talk on price of the v8 jeep? It won't shock me if it's somewhere around $60K.

I've been in a few JK and JL jeeps. I just don't like them as much as my old TJ. Now that people are starting to totally gut JKs and turn them into offroad only rigs, I am starting to like them a bit more.

·
Don't be a wuss... HIT IT
1,681 Posts
I just ordered a Wrangler 4xE for the store. I did a High Altitude Sahara. As of right now there is no pricing available in the order guide. I also took a deposit on a sold order 392. That one just opened today in the order guide but again, no pricing.

The 4xE is an interesting concept and I am glad they put some thought about offroading into it (battery packs under rear seat vs underneath)

The 392 gets the select-trac full time transfer case (2.72:1) which boggles my mind. It also uses 3.73 gearing vs 4.10. It will come standard with a lot of things that are not currently standard on a Rubicon. So I expect the base price to be above the 60k mark.

Just to name a few...

Nav
Alpine
Painted Top
Aux Switches
Steel front and rear bumpers
The full suite of safety equipment
Full LED lighting
etc....

·
Gustafson
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious about the 4XE as well. Seems the push to go electric is in full swing with all the big 3. I'll stick with my V8 for now.

·
Don't be a wuss... HIT IT
1,681 Posts
I feel the same, still prefer an internal combustion engine vs hybrid or full electric. I think the part that intrigued me is you can save all your battery power until you want to use it. That extra boost in torque could come in handy on some wheeling situations. Not that most will ever see offroad.

·
Gustafson
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel the same, still prefer an internal combustion engine vs hybrid or full electric. I think the part that intrigued me is you can save all your battery power until you want to use it. That extra boost in torque could come in handy on some wheeling situations. Not that most will ever see offroad.
Very good point!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts