Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep Skool is going on January 3rd and 4th, I have small crew from Northwest Ohio that is gonna head out there,havent gotten all the plans made out just yet as I am trying to get my jeep ready.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,655 Posts
I spent a little time browsing your site but didn't find any explanation of what the mandatory class will consist of. What's it cover? How much time? Let's just say that if it's there it didn't jump out at me.

I don't want to come off as an ass. I've read the other threads and understand you have private owners that are quite particular about what happens on their property. I fully understand. But is this class because of a liability issue or you think we are all a bunch of idiots? I'm not really interested in driving 6 hours to sit in a 4 hour class to have you show me how to hook up a strap. So, can you please elaborate on what you cover, discussion items, length of time, etc? Also, is this a one time only requirement or something that will be required every trip, annually or other?

Again, not being an ass but wanting to understand.:thumb:

·
Monkey Crawler
8,116 Posts
I spent a little time browsing your site but didn't find any explanation of what the mandatory class will consist of. What's it cover? How much time? Let's just say that if it's there it didn't jump out at me.

I don't want to come off as an ass. I've read the other threads and understand you have private owners that are quite particular about what happens on their property. I fully understand. But is this class because of a liability issue or you think we are all a bunch of idiots? I'm not really interested in driving 6 hours to sit in a 4 hour class to have you show me how to hook up a strap. So, can you please elaborate on what you cover, discussion items, length of time, etc? Also, is this a one time only requirement or something that will be required every trip, annually or other?

X2

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

x2 i if it's only once that no biggy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not to be an ass back, but. this is a direct quote from the refered thread.

Let me clarify.

To attend a JeepSkool event or to enter the property...

You must be a JeepSkool.com forum member.

You must attend a "Skool".

You must show a valid ID.

You must not be late.
Anyone "just showing up" at the factory will be denied access. We meet at Haylett's Corner Store by 9:30 am.

You will have to attend "Skool" this month if you wish to wheel January 3rd/4th.
"Skool" will be held both Saturday and Sunday. If you attend "Skool" on Saturday, you do not have to attend "Skool" on Sunday. You are free to wheel.
There will be time to wheel after "Skool".

For 2009, you will have to attend a "Skool" before the scheduled JeepSkool event. So if you miss this "Skool", don't worry.I will try to hold several "Skools" a month. Dates and times to be announced shortly.

Once you have been to a "Skool", You are good for the year. :D

Hope that helps.

All rules will be strictly enforced in an effort to keep the doors open for the next three years.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
IMHO,
Training would be beneficial for everyone if basic safety was taught and there was a list of topics to be covered by certified personnel.

I see it the same as attending a motorcycle safety course; even if you've been riding for years, you can still learn something (or at least have it brought to the front of your memory). :thumb:
That being said, I wouldn't waste my time unless I had an outline of the training and a list of instructors with their certs listed.

Edit -
A JeepSkool employee (NOT Robotusin) answered our questions HERE. It only took a year to get a straight-forward, friendly answer.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
IMHO,
Training would be beneficial for everyone if basic safety was taught and there was a list of topics to be covered by certified personnel.

I see it the same as attending a motorcycle safety course; even if you've been riding for years, you can still learn something (or at least have it brought to the front of your memory). :thumb:
That being said, I wouldn't waste my time unless I had an outline of the training and a list of instructors with their certs listed.
??

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,655 Posts
IMHO,

Pretty much what I was trying to ask on their site. Instead, my posts got deleted.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Robocon, can you help me out with a few simple questions that will help explain the situation?

1- What is Jeep "school"? What topics are covered?

2- How long does "school" take?

3- Who is the instructor and what makes them qualified?

Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
Jeekskool, catering to the newbie jeeper. Go on down, pay your dough and they'll skool ya alright. Check out this trail, cool yes?!

Now don't be intimidated! When you bust your truck they'll gladly recover your vehicle* just remember to bring your Visa or Mastercard.

Jeepskool, skooling over new jeepers every month. :thumb:

* Please note there is a small mandatory recovery fee for this service (minimum $500.00)
The recovered vehicle is confiscated until fee is paid in full
You have no choice, the park will dictate when they will recover your vehicle
After 24 hours the vehicle is towed offsite and more fees and charges apply
Screw it, just send the $500 and don’t even bother going to the park (they accept donations)

And you won’t find the fee in the rules (if you can find them) or FAQ, but its there buried somewhere in his forum. Confused? Don’t worry, it’s one of those Jeep things that nobody understands. :(

1 - 20 of 457 Posts