Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recorded 19.1 mpgs in my tj beating around town

its a stock suspension, stock tires 2.4 4 cyl 5 spd.

the only engine mod done was a 3'' short ram intake i stole from my old honda (which is the best mod anyone could ever do to a 2.4 :beerbang:)

what do you stock i6 guys get? along with stock 4's

·
Web Wheeling!
1,390 Posts
I used to get about 17 - 18 in my xj when it was stock. Now about 14-15 with stock gears, 32's and a 4.5" lift.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
i just recorded 19.1 mpgs in my tj beating around town

its a stock suspension, stock tires 2.4 4 cyl 5 spd.

the only engine mod done was a 3'' short ram intake i stole from my old honda (which is the best mod anyone could ever do to a 2.4 :beerbang:)

what do you stock i6 guys get? along with stock 4's
I have a 05 TJ with the 2.4 DOHC with the 6 speed. I am getting 21 mpg around town and 25 mpg highway.

I have 2 lift, Rubi wheels and tires , Banks cat back exhaust, and a K&N engine killer air filter.

·
Needs More Cowbell
661 Posts
I've got a 2000 XJ.

Compleatly stock.

And I'm averaging 13 MPG city.

Nothing's really messed up. Changed all of the plugs, made sure everything's clean, it's getting the right fuel PSI and there's nothing constricting air. My XJ just eats gas.

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 05 TJ with the 2.4 DOHC with the 6 speed. I am getting 21 mpg around town and 25 mpg highway.

I have 2 lift, Rubi wheels and tires , Banks cat back exhaust, and a K&N engine killer air filter.
how did the exhaust help out, a big difference of no?

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
02 TJ, 4.56 gears 33" tires, 4.0 with 5sp manual and as long as I baby it, I can get 16 - 17 mpg in town. No clue on the highway.

·
Midwest Mudslinger
1,074 Posts
It's a Jeep. It get's shitty mileage and that's all I need to know. No more depressing myself by running the numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
It's a 2-ton box. As a daily driver, they pretty much blow all around in all aspects-comfort, mileage and practicality. I used to drive mine up north just about every weekend in the summer. At the end of the trip, I usually felt like I got my ass beat, and that's with the top on.

When I had my TJ, I tried my best not to pay attention to the mileage I was pulling. It didn't suck horribly, usually 16-17ish with 31's. XJ 19ish.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It's a Jeep. It get's shitty mileage and that's all I need to know. No more depressing myself by running the numbers.
x2

Last time I checked during the winter, I was pulling 12ish. I stopped checking after that. During the summer previous to that, I pulled 15 pretty consistantly in the city, and saw 20.02 on a 333 mile all highway road trip at 80-85mph.

It seems like it's getting better mileage than last summer now that I've hacked off half the exhaust, but that could be a placebo effect, or a combination of all the other shit done around the same time (coil pack and plugs, air filter, switched to synthetic oil, and the exhaust).

·
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
2,278 Posts
17-18 In my 1993 XJ with stock gears 31's 3" lift K&N cone intake and TBS. Makes a HUGE difference with how fast you accelerate when driving in the city.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
17ish 01 tj 99xj motor 3.73's, a 3 speed & 35's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts