Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Camel Buggy
Discussion Starter #1
2010 JK Unlimited - started the Jeep and no dash lights, wipers were on, but would not go into gear. I pulled the negative cable, let it sit for 20 mins, pumped the brake (another forum said to do that) and then re attached the battery cable. The Jeep started up with no issues. However, the issue is back after that first start. Can't seem to permanently fix.

Is this the TIPM? I read that MAKS sells replacements for $436 so its going to be expensive to play "swap-tronics". Any ideas or input?

Red Dragons!
If the wipers are coming on, that鈥檚 a sign that the bus communication is dropping out. You need to check for codes in order to diagnose it. There are several reasons this could happen.

Camel Buggy
Discussion Starter #3
If the wipers are coming on, that鈥檚 a sign that the bus communication is dropping out. You need to check for codes in order to diagnose it. There are several reasons this could happen.
Thanks...Unfortunately the only code I have is for the "Gas Cap"...And that has been on for two years. So i need to figure out which module is causing the CAN-Bus communications to fail/fault.

I left the top down last week and it rained. The other day I had the top up in the morning and opened the door in the Jeep and it was like a Greenhouse inside - super humid and moisture condensed everywhere. The issue I'm having started the next day....So i'm thinking something got wet inside the Jeep.

Next step: I'm trying to dry out the Jeep (using a fan and top down in the sun). Also, I'm unhooking the battery cables and tying them together to fully drain any stored energy. After several hours I';; hook up the battery again and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts