Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Meh, looks kinda soft on the top end. 2.8 liter turbodiesel should be capable of more HP than that..
I imagine it is, with a little tinkering. but think of all that torque. mixed with low gears you would be able to chug up a pyramid.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
I imagine it is, with a little tinkering. but think of all that torque. mixed with low gears you would be able to chug up a pyramid.
Whens the last time you didn't have enough torque in 1st-low? My 4 cyl chugs up a pyramid in 1st-low-low.

That sounds like its just the VM Motori diesel from the Liberty, ask Longarm how much fun that motor is..

Consider that the other Jeep diesel(the one you CAN get in the states) is just 0.2 liters more displacement and makes ~60 hp and 90 ft-lbs more grunt....

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Whens the last time you didn't have enough torque in 1st-low? My 4 cyl chugs up a pyramid in 1st-low-low.

That sounds like its just the VM Motori diesel from the Liberty, ask Longarm how much fun that motor is..

Consider that the other Jeep diesel(the one you CAN get in the states) is just 0.2 liters more displacement and makes ~60 hp and 90 ft-lbs more grunt....
you also have to remember that this source may not have the real specs on that motor. a 2:1 torque to hp ratio it admittedly high. also, what kind of emissions equipment did they not have to use on this that is on longarms? i dont specifically remember what all went wrong with his.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I want to se the 2-door "pick-up" version....

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
QUOTE]

was it Egyptian? Mesopotamian?

pics?

·
CRRRAZZZYYYYY Cooter!
381 Posts
I think its more about the truck and not the motor, people want. And it's been published that Jeep will not sell that truck in the US. Those assclowns :stan:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
they sell it, it's a 4 door unlimited rubicon with some tweaks for military use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts