Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on this vs. the 276c CC has a group buy on right now?

I need a GPS that my wife can mount in her explorer, but if I get this one I might be able to have a built-in mount in the JK also for easy transfer between vehicles.

MOPAR® Trail Guide™
For 07-08 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK

$899.99
Quadratec Part No: 96098.801

"The Trail Guide is a highly versatile Garmin-built GPS navigation system designed for the Jeep® Wrangler. It’s mounted on the Wrangler’s dashboard in a sleek custom cradle that provides power and audible voice prompts through powerful dedicated speakers that are easy to hear even at highway speeds with the top down. For on-foot adventures, simply snap the unit out of the cradle for handheld GPS navigation.
12 Month/12,000 Mile Limited Warranty."

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Any opinions on this vs. the 276c CC has a group buy on right now?

I need a GPS that my wife can mount in her explorer, but if I get this one I might be able to have a built-in mount in the JK also for easy transfer between vehicles.

MOPAR® Trail Guide™
For 07-08 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK

$899.99
Quadratec Part No: 96098.801

"The Trail Guide is a highly versatile Garmin-built GPS navigation system designed for the Jeep® Wrangler. It’s mounted on the Wrangler’s dashboard in a sleek custom cradle that provides power and audible voice prompts through powerful dedicated speakers that are easy to hear even at highway speeds with the top down. For on-foot adventures, simply snap the unit out of the cradle for handheld GPS navigation.
12 Month/12,000 Mile Limited Warranty."
You need to find out more detailed info on it. Like how many tracks it will store. etc.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I've always had my eye on that, because of it's mounting position...but I can't justify $900 on it. :confused:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to find out more detailed info on it. Like how many tracks it will store. etc.
Product Details
Loaded with detailed, street-level maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, the Trail Guide contains nearly six million points of interest including gas stations, lodging, restaurants, attractions, and Jeep service facilities and dealers. Also features a high-resolution color TFT display, automatic route calculation, and turn-by-turn voiceprompted directions. Completely waterproof and has an internal lithium-ion battery, providing up to 20 hours of use outside the cradle for hiking, biking, camping, or fishing. The unique antenna folds flush with the unit when not in use for maximum compactness. The unit also accepts Garmin’s MapSource® U.S. Topo data for off-road adventures. Dashboard cradle features a roll-down cover to hide your GPS system when not in use.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
I've had it for 2 years now on my TJ. Best investment I think I ever made for it. It is also equivalent to the Garmin Quest 2 if you're looking for accessories. I bought a mount for it on my mountain bike. I don't know exactly how many tracks it will store but I do know I have the breadcrumb feature turned on always when I drive and I have hundreds of miles of breadcrumbs to back track If needed. I also have room to store a few hundred geocaches on there too.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had it for 2 years now on my TJ. Best investment I think I ever made for it. It is also equivalent to the Garmin Quest 2 if you're looking for accessories. I bought a mount for it on my mountain bike. I don't know exactly how many tracks it will store but I do know I have the breadcrumb feature turned on always when I drive and I have hundreds of miles of breadcrumbs to back track If needed. I also have room to store a few hundred geocaches on there too.
Here are the Quest 2 specs. Does this unit have the same specs then? Quadratec is contacting MOPAR for me buy are yet to respond.

"140 MB additional memory for supplemental maps such as MapSource Topo, Topo 24K, Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots, BlueChart or City Navigator Europe"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts