Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DANA 44 FRONT AXLE = $125

I HAVE A SOME DANA 44 AXLES FROM 79? FSJ. REMOVED FROM ROLLING VEHICLE THIS YEAR.
WILL SEPERATE, ANY OF THESE, PM ME OFFERS
WIDETRACK ~ APROX. 65" WMS TO WMS 6-LUG FRONT AND 62" REAR
THEY APPEAR TO BE 3.55 GEAR
ALL BRAKE HARDWARE IS THERE
FRONT IS PASS. DROP (NO VAC DISCONNECT)
REAR IS OFFSET (QUADRATRAC)
SORRY FOR THE CAPS/ JUST BUY THEM???

WANT THEM GONE = $150. FOR THE SET (WILL SEPERATE)

****GET A GREAT DEAL IF YOU WANT BOTH SETS = $250. ****

Might be able to help with transport, but of course prefer pickup. Montague is only about 15 minutes from Silver Lake.

TRADES=
trades for or towards or???

winch
spare 35" tire on a 5x5.5 rim
dana 44 open or limited slip carrier for 4.11 or higher
5.13 gears for a 9" rear axle
advanced adapter coupon

Attachments

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
If the rear is offset from a Quadratrac,it would be from the 70's.

80's Wagoneers also didn't use WT axles - only the J-trucks did. Are you sure the front is a driver drop? If so, that would make it a J-10 axle if its 6-lug.

42,950 Posts
If the rear is offset from a Quadratrac,it would be from the early 70's.

80's Wagoneers also didn't use WT axles - only the J-trucks did. Are you sure the front is a driver drop? If so, that would make it a J-10 axle if its 6-lug.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
If the rear is offset from a Quadratrac,it would be from the early 70's.

Nice try, clown. Quadratrac was used with FSJ WT's in Chiefs and J-trucks until 1979.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holly cow 3 people correcting it before I could find my mistakes. Thanks, I think I fixed it???

Actually, seems as though I was told they were from a chief???

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Holly cow 3 people correcting it before I could find my mistakes. Thanks, I think I fixed it???
Makes sense now.

Now that you've established that they are from the 70's, check the front axle for flat-top knuckles. :thumb:

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Yep - but flattops were only on FSJs from 76-79 so that would narrow down the year for ya even more. :sonicjay:

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Well, I've personally removed them from 78's, so leftover's ending up on 79's isn't exactly difficult to believe. Its just like the "1978" big-brakes on CJ's that ran from 77-79. They ran earlier on 8-lug J20's (1974), but I believe he's referring to half-ton/open knuckles.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the delay, pics are finally up. I actually have 2 sets of these, one with lockouts, one without (otherwise seem to be identicle?). I would like them all gone and will sell them as a pair at a very good price (cheap enough to have as spares?).

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt Buy both sets for less than most would charge for 1 set. The second set would be great for spare shafts, brake parts, gears etc...

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ttt

might consider trades:

winch
driver drop waggy 44 with matching rear
8.8 with 4.10's
used harnesses (4 or 5 point??)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts