Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this lady walks over to my house and asks if anybody has broke into our Jeeps. Nope, the TJ is always in the garage, and I doupt anybody sees any value in my CJ :sonicjay: Plus there is nothing in the CJ to take.

She says her sons Jeep (parked in the street) was broke into. They Sliced open the window, grabbed the GARAGE DOOR OPENER, and then STOLE an air compressor and a bike! WHEN WILL YOU LEARN! Soft top jeepers! Do NOT LOkC YOUR DOORS, if a thief wants to get in your jeep they will get in your jeep, get an alarm with a prox sensor.

Plus! Why would you have a garage door opener in a vehicle that doesn't get parked in the garage?

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I have a garage door opener in my jeep. But I lock it in my tuffy overhead with my radios. 90% of the time I don't have my windows in either just to keep them from getting cut.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
10 years ago when my YJ got broken into, it was unlocked, windows down with the soft top up and the decided to slice the soft top for fun

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Plus! Why would you have a garage door opener in a vehicle that doesn't get parked in the garage?
Some people use the garage door opener as their key.... and dont really think about it.

I have heard stories where a guy will break into a car at like a mall and take the registration and the garage door opener

then while police are making a report they know your not home and break in.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
about 7 years ago my old XJ was broken into. Smashed the window to steal an old broke ass pager that you could barely see, and left the CD player and tools behind. Hey dumbass thief, I leave the doors open for a reason, and just take the whole damn car instead of breaking a window and wasting my time.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
i dont have a jeep or a garage door opener :woot: :rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts