Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sveentusmaximus
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:bdr2: 3 minute call with my CU to transfer some funds is all it took and now it's my'n all my'n :beerbang:

Worked & sweated my tail off during the last 3 weeks of shutdown at Kansas City but the fat OT checks were worth it. I didn't mind the monthly payments but I figured if I have the money why pay interest on a loan to someone else and have to worry about being on time with payments. Now I can start saving for a down payment for a DD. Can't decide what I want, I am thinking stick shift is a must and it should get OK MPG since it will be a DD. So far I am liking: Pontiac G6, Dodge Caliber, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mazda 6 ... ???
Oh and I get both DCX and GM employee discounts so if I decide to go US made it will have to be from one of those.

·
Sveentusmaximus
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeepfreak81, you are right my'n was a lease at the start cause I wanted low payments while in college but I knew it wasn't getting turned in so it was lifted and moded since the first week. I then changed it to a loan when the lease ended this winter. Now 6 months later I just said screw the loan I am paying it off. I only had like 6K more to go so instead of blowing money on stupid mods I decided to do the smart thing and pay it off.
So now I don't have any debt or loans at all , it feels great :nana:
Now I can buy a house and have one gynormous loan :(

·
Resident Slasher
284 Posts
Congrats!! My 60 month finance was done in April also, it IS a good feeling! :thumb:

·
meh.
7,816 Posts
Congrats, I havent had to deal with payments yet but there is a beaut powerstroke for sale down the street....

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
It was sure nice to walk into the dealer and pay cash for mine, no monthly payments, although the modifications cost more per month than the jeep would have.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
jeepfreak81, you are right my'n was a lease at the start cause I wanted low payments while in college but I knew it wasn't getting turned in so it was lifted and moded since the first week. I then changed it to a loan when the lease ended this winter. Now 6 months later I just said screw the loan I am paying it off. I only had like 6K more to go so instead of blowing money on stupid mods I decided to do the smart thing and pay it off.
So now I don't have any debt or loans at all , it feels great :nana:
Now I can buy a house and have one gynormous loan :(

If you want mods, get them before that big house loan... those bite you and scam all the mod $$ DAMHIK :( :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts