Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daryl and I purchased this YJ last March with the intentions of building it up and driving it around all summer long. When we picked the jeep up, it was running rough and we noticed that the weber carb was loose and figure it to be an easy fix. However after running a compression test, found the #6 cylinder to be dead. We installed a 242 (4.0l) block and never went any further with the project.

Well our new plan is to build this YJ into a decent Michigan Wheeler and then sell it. We are aiming for a completion date of around the end of Jan and a sale price around $4500.

What we plan on doing:
Full custom Cage
TJ Flares
Custom bumpers
Sliders
Getting rid of the Drop shackles
Painting it Sand Khaki
Herculiner the inside of the tub
Misc other fixes and such

More pics to come....

·
Now pedals a bicycle
1,578 Posts
you breaka my poor little heart painting over the khaki metallic beautifulness of the sahara... :( it's the big brother of my old jeep... ceps mine looked like it just got crapped outta the mother ship

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, we are actually pretty busy. (but we will still do your sas stuff :tonka: ) We are looking to get this thing out of hair, daryl and I are going to be doing alot of after hours work on this thing to get it done.

Probably wont see any updates unitl after the new year. I am out tonight and not returning until New Years day.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We moved this jeep to the barn at my house. We have had too many customers builds going on and have put this on the side for now. Eventually we need to get this thing built and sold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts