Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wifes xj has a pin hole in it ,just out of reach of my welder. can i put jb weld on it or will it get too hot or stink?

thanks aron

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
it will burn off. stink for a while then just crust and come off. I tried it already LOL. They do make a high temp exhaust patch. That did work but ended up cracking off over time. Welding is the only permanent fix.

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha figured some had tried it. thanks.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,896 Posts
they have exhaust putty at the local parts stores down the exhaust pipe isle. I used it a long time ago when I had the 4.2. The connection from the exhaust manifold to the down pipe always leaked so I used it there with good results.

·
Mudhowg's a ****
713 Posts
Used the putty this way before with results that lasted a very long time. Should be in the exhaust isle? Or you can drive out to Fenton, and I will weld it for free ???

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
they have exhaust putty at the local parts stores down the exhaust pipe isle. I used it a long time ago when I had the 4.2. The connection from the exhaust manifold to the down pipe always leaked so I used it there with good results.
x2 i use that junk my exhaust and it seems to hold up good.

·
Last Free Man
10,836 Posts
x2 i use that junk my exhaust and it seems to hold up good.
Is that until it blew up?:nana:

I wouldn't bother fixing it, just buy a big tube of JB weld and form your own manifolds out of it. :beerbang:

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
Is that until it blew up?:nana:

I wouldn't bother fixing it, just buy a big tube of JB weld and form your own manifolds out of it. :beerbang:
what blew up? my engine runs great. My header blew a hole in it last year, but i goober welded it (i learned from you) then stuck that exhaust putty on it. it has help up so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts