Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by paper wasps.

The back yard is a buzzin'. We always have some, but today is just crazy. Must be the heat I guess. Off to Home depot, Who makes the best spray?

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I've been invaded too. My foot is still swollen from getting popped 2 days ago.

As long as it's hot like this, they're going to be all over the lawn. Forget about spraying them, they're too spread out when it gets this warm.

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts
ZEP makes the best spray, just the fumes will kill them on contact. Not sure where you can get it though, I always got mine straight from our ZEP salesperson. And if you know where the nest is, it's always best to spray at night when you know they are all in there.

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts
We have lots of yellow jackets all over the lawn. It's strange. I can't find their nest anywhere around here.
They can get just about anywhere. I just took a huge nest out that was in one of the meters on the side of the house!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
BTW, have I told anyone yet that I have only seen one mosquito in our first 3 weeks in St. Louis and the only wasp I saw was old, dead and on a package we brought from Michigan.

We do have brown recluse, water moccosins and rattlers down here though......

·
Full Size Chevy
346 Posts
BTW, have I told anyone yet that I have only seen one mosquito in our first 3 weeks in St. Louis and the only wasp I saw was old, dead and on a package we brought from Michigan.

We do have brown recluse, water moccosins and rattlers down here though......

Watch out for Chiggers too! I came across a water moccasin last time I was down there. I about shit myself.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I had one come at me a few hours ago while in the pool. I punched it in the face, and that solved that.
haha..that reminds me of that Dane Cook skit.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
great one.....that was a lot of bees

we have tons of them also...I think they are the paper wasp tho'...building little nest in my shudders and under the porch.
I battled those bastards at my last house. F-ers under the shutters. I finally took all the shutters down for a couple of weeks.

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
Use Raid Wasp and Hornet. It's in a black can. It is the best stuff. It has a long spray and it kills on contact. I use it almost daily from spring to fall.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
if you folks want to amuse yourself with the wasps break out the shop vac. I duct tape a 10' length of pvc pipe to it and suck the little buggers up. I have had ground nest and gutter nests and this by far the best way to deal with them. I have let it run all day long and come home to no wasps. my buddy did this and he estimates around 4000 ground bees had been sucked up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts