Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
My wife read an article the other day that said there's an estimated 1.5 year wait once production starts based on the number of reservations Ford has received.

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
I’d take a ecoboost longevity over a fiat Jeep engine any day and the v6 ecoboost has more power than a coyote. Ford is all in on the ecoboost engine and will only get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I put 155k miles on my last 3.2/9 speed and only ever did plugs
Almost to 100k on my 3.6/8 speed and I think it’s ready for a set of plugs as well but no issues
Oh and 10k mile oil changes

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
I put 155k miles on my last 3.2/9 speed and only ever did plugs
Almost to 100k on my 3.6/8 speed and I think it’s ready for a set of plugs as well but no issues
Oh and 10k mile oil changes
I think gone are the days of "junk" engines or vehicles. The market is too competitive now. Either you build quality or you lose market share. They all have their quirks though.... Ecoboosts for example are known for warping manifolds and blowing turbos. Naturally aspirated engines have less maintenance, but in this case the 2.7 has a lot more power than the 3.6.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,429 Posts
I think gone are the days of "junk" engines or vehicles. The market is too competitive now. Either you build quality or you lose market share. They all have their quirks though.... Ecoboosts for example are known for warping manifolds and blowing turbos. Naturally aspirated engines have less maintenance, but in this case the 2.7 has a lot more power than the 3.6.
I have to disagree with you, but I also disagree mostly based on higher mileage issues. Just one example is the chevy 3.6 and 2.4 motors they are putting in do not hold up well past the warranty in my opinion. I think they do better at making sure they build something that will exceed warranty, the rest is still dependent on if it is a good or bad design...

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
I have to disagree with you, but I also disagree mostly based on higher mileage issues. Just one example is the chevy 3.6 and 2.4 motors they are putting in do not hold up well past the warranty in my opinion. I think they do better at making sure they build something that will exceed warranty, the rest is still dependent on if it is a good or bad design...
While I can't say anything on the 2.4, I personally know almost a dozen people who have the 3.6 and have over 100k on them without issue.

I know in the early days of the 3.6 they had issues with timing chains and a few other things, but I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the updated version (direct injection) of this engine. Maybe the people I know are just lucky? what are the problems?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts