Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a huge fan of broncos. I’ve had a few over the years and would love a new one and a 78-79 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Very sweet looking rides. I see a slight resemblance of the toyota fj and international scout in these models.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,428 Posts
Looks sweet. Sorry for a dumb question, but I did not watch the whole video. Have they announced what these will have for a drivetrain?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks sweet. Sorry for a dumb question, but I did not watch the whole video. Have they announced what these will have for a drivetrain?
Ecoboost engines. Dana axles a lot depends on options. Even got front rear locker options. 35s factory. Not cheap options but what is these days and a manual transmission option

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Ecoboost engines. Dana axles a lot depends on options. Even got front rear locker options. 35s factory. Not cheap options but what is these days and a manual transmission option

Base engine is the 4 cyl turbo found in the Ranger. 2.7 ecoboost is optional with 310hp and 400lb-ft of torque. Both engines will have a 10 speed auto. I do not know if both engines have the 7 speed manual as an option.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,428 Posts
Ugh, I was hoping for non turbo engines. I am just not sold on turbo charged gas engines for the long haul...

·
Am i still a Noob?
576 Posts
So far i am all thumbs up.

removable rock rails
aluminum doors without the damn window frame
base model with rubber floors and vinyl seats
option for 35's stock
Granny low in the 7 speed manual

my biggest concern would be the IFS but if it can handle 400lb-ft of torque and 35's i would be happy.

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Ugh, I was hoping for non turbo engines. I am just not sold on turbo charged gas engines for the long haul...
I get it, but aside from the coyote, Ford doesn't really have anything worth putting in there that isn't turbo charged.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’d take a ecoboost longevity over a fiat Jeep engine any day and the v6 ecoboost has more power than a coyote. Ford is all in on the ecoboost engine and will only get better

·
Yooper In Training
7,059 Posts
I'm a fan for sure. And whether you like it or not, it brings some much needed competition to the market, which will ultimately get the consumer better products instead of Jeep sitting back on their heels.

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
I'm a huge Bronco guy and owned two myself. I'm going to buy one, probably 12-18 months after its available to let others work out the bugs... if I can wait that long lol

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
I'm a huge Bronco guy and owned two myself. I'm going to buy one, probably 12-18 months after its available to let others work out the bugs... if I can wait that long lol
I was talking with my wife last night about getting one. She is onboard with driving it, so I think we will get one for her. We need another vehicle we can take family trips in, otherwise my truck is going to get driven into the ground.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I was talking with my wife last night about getting one. She is onboard with driving it, so I think we will get one for her. We need another vehicle we can take family trips in, otherwise my truck is going to get driven into the ground.
Which model are you thinking about? I know they have a ton of options to

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Which model are you thinking about? I know they have a ton of options to
I'd love the Badlands version with the Sasquatch package, but knowing my wife she will want the Outer Banks version, and I'll probably have to fight to get the Sasquatch package..... :LOL:

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
I actually got a verbal approval to move forward with my plan as long as our life situation doesn't majorly change from now to then, but I'm eyeing up either a base model with the Sasquatch package, 2.3, 7 spd manual, or the badlands equivalent for some upgrades. Honestly I want a basic as possible out of the box driver/wheeler to probably hang onto for damn near forever...

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
I guess I missed it initially, but it looks like a soft top is standard and a hardtop is optional.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts