Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
My $0.02 is that both the Classifieds and Tech are dead, or like in "The Princess Bride", only mostly dead. :sonicjay:

After zero movement on cheap parts I had listed here in the Classifieds with basically no response, I begrudgingly listed them on FB Marketplace via my wife's account. I got immediate activity, even though 80% of that was from flaky bastards. Bottom line is that I eventually sold some stuff.

Sadly, this used to be the place for tech, as well.

Unfortunately, the evil Zuckerberg machine is doing its part to dumb down society....in this case, leaving a huge void in technical information on the interwebz.

Craig

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
I joined some Jeep groups on Facebook

and then left them.

Holy fuck are people dumb, and incapable of doing a search that takes less time to make a post about it.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,385 Posts

and then left them.

Holy fuck are people dumb, and incapable of doing a search that takes less time to make a post about it.
I have left several. And can not get to excited about any of them. Sometimes it is like watching an accident, just can not look away.....:fish:

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts

and then left them.

Agreed. Overall, my facebook use has been declining and will likely continue as it seems too easy for anybody to use, which means that the Lowest Common Denominator of society is using it.

In some ways, I miss calling into BBS's on my 300 baud modem; because that made the minimum user capabilities much higher.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,664 Posts

and then left them.

Join a squarebody GM truck forum. The influx of kids buying those, and machine gunning out the same questions without bothering to try to search gets almost painful. I sold my old trucks, and bought a brand new one last year. The next antique I get, I'll get something with much lower production numbers, and higher buy in.

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
My $0.02 is that both the Classifieds and Tech are dead, or like in "The Princess Bride", only mostly dead. :sonicjay:

After zero movement on cheap parts I had listed here in the Classifieds with basically no response, I begrudgingly listed them on FB Marketplace via my wife's account. I got immediate activity, even though 80% of that was from flaky bastards. Bottom line is that I eventually sold some stuff.

Sadly, this used to be the place for tech, as well.

Unfortunately, the evil Zuckerberg machine is doing its part to dumb down society....in this case, leaving a huge void in technical information on the interwebz.

Craig
Ended up being a greatlakes guy that bought your stuff anyway :sonicjay:

161 - 180 of 200 Posts