Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

61 - 80 of 200 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
I would love peeps to wheel with.

Everyone around me that has a lifted Jeep is mostly just a poser mall cruiser. A new, albeit small, offroad park opened up last summer and couldn't get any of these tossers to go.

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
I think people would wheel more together locally if they WOULD POST IT UP!!!!
I see pics all the time of people at Bundy, R&V or the Mounds but if no one knows you are going, no one can hook up.
My guess is they are posting on FB, but if you are not FB friends you won't see it.

FB killed the social aspect of forums, the only thing forums have to offer is searchable tech.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts

Everyone around me that has a lifted Jeep is mostly just a poser mall cruiser. A new, albeit small, offroad park opened up last summer and couldn't get any of these tossers to go.
How far is it from you? If we visit the in-laws this year I could bring the jeep.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I think people would wheel more together locally if they WOULD POST IT UP!!!!
I see pics all the time of people at Bundy, R&V or the Mounds but if no one knows you are going, no one can hook up.

great points, posting about going would definitely help. i took like a 5 year hiatus from wheeling and everyone i know got out of the sport. Now that I have my jeep going again I have been going on some fb group rides. I am done with those, complete waste of time. I am not as hardcore as some, but jesus christ some of those rides were boring af and full of people I would rather set on fire than talk to. Not to mention i drive somewhat conservative to how i used to because i have kids with me!

I think the ticket here is people posting when they are going. Given most of us arent 20something drunks anymore, and likely have kids, trips are planned in advance and need to be

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,982 Posts
I've gone the other way with respect to children. When I was wheeling a lot my kids were young and riding with me. When they grew up (27 and 28 now) and quit going with me on trips some of the fun went away for me.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I've gone the other way with respect to children. When I was wheeling a lot my kids were young and riding with me. When they grew up (27 and 28 now) and quit going with me on trips some of the fun went away for me.
Wheeling trips my boy and girl are all in, I was referring to the M&G stuff.

The problem is my wife is getting tired of wheeling every vacation I think :sonicjay:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
My kids are married and have other hobbies. My wife likes to trail ride but doesn't like the park or hardcore stuff. So I am limited to guys runs. No m&g's for me.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My wife likes to trail ride but doesn't like the park or hardcore stuff. So I am limited to guys runs. No m&g's for me.
This is the way it is for me too. She'll ride fire roads all day long, get I the technical stuff and she gets antsy as all hell. I Was surprised the other day when she said she wanted to go to r+v for the easter egg hunt on the 21st of April. She told me all about it. I'm pretty sure we're going lol. Anyone else in? I'm not a jeeper by any means, but will mash my big pos of a beast through 90% of the trails there:sonicjay:wheeling with like minded individuals is the best part of going places like that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hopefully this place gets going again. I joined to late for the glory days. I don't do FB so I don't hear of many organized rides either unless it's through the grapevine. We will be at R&V for the Easter egg hunt too.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Put me in the with kids and no time and now no wheeler basket. Now that I'm going back to school, maybe I'll see the few of you that I have met in about 5 years... Unless somebody in the Holland area is doing a project and needs their beer drank and useless opinions on how to do whatever they're doing better. I am always down for that.

·
Gustafson
9,040 Posts
Put me in the with kids and no time and now no wheeler basket. Now that I'm going back to school, maybe I'll see the few of you that I have met in about 5 years... Unless somebody in the Holland area is doing a project and needs their beer drank and useless opinions on how to do whatever they're doing better. I am always down for that.
:sonicjay:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hopefully this place gets going again. I joined to late for the glory days. I don't do FB so I don't hear of many organized rides either unless it's through the grapevine. We will be at R&V for the Easter egg hunt too.
Sweet, what rig are you rocking? You can watch hilarity ensue as i blast my way through the trails:sonicjay:

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
This is the way it is for me too. She'll ride fire roads all day long, get I the technical stuff and she gets antsy as all hell. I Was surprised the other day when she said she wanted to go to r+v for the easter egg hunt on the 21st of April. She told me all about it. I'm pretty sure we're going lol. Anyone else in? I'm not a jeeper by any means, but will mash my big pos of a beast through 90% of the trails there:sonicjay:wheeling with like minded individuals is the best part of going places like that.
i might make it up there for this. Sounds like a good time.:thumb:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yellow the with a tan top, nothing special! What about you I'll look you up.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out. My ugly bitch is below :beerbang:

i might make it up there for this. Sounds like a good time.:thumb:
Do it! We have somewhat similar vehicles, so at least we'll fit together:sonicjay:

Attachments

61 - 80 of 200 Posts