Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tryied to e-mail Steve Kubisiak from the DNR and the ORV advisory doard on a private matter and I got this:::

You have reached the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. I am
unavailable to take your call or respond to your e-mail due to a partial
government shutdown.

Steve Kubisiak
Michigan DNR

Great if they shut all this stuff down there go's the new trail system YES ?? /// NO????

This may realy start to suck.:confused:

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
I wonder if Canada will take her back???
If you were Canada, would you? If I was, I'd burn the bridges and nail the doors & windows shut. :sonicjay:

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
It's really happening. In my 25 years of public service, the state has threatened shutdowns many times over budget issues. This time they've finally done it. The legislature put a proposed bill in front of the Governor that would extend the budget for 30 days until a solution could be found. She refused to sign it.

State employees (thousands of them) have been told NOT to report for work on Monday morning. State police are cutting 2/3 of their troopers and all "non-essential" personnel (crime labs, etc. etc) effective Sunday at midnight. DNR is shut down except for "essential services" like some Conservation Officers. Secretary of State, MDOT etc. etc. are all affected.

P.S. The State Police and DNR Conservation officers make up only about 12%of the total police officers in the state.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,753 Posts
I love how they're doing this on the verge of the opening of bow season. Speaking of which will they will be open tomorrow to get my liscence?

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
I love how they're doing this on the verge of the opening of bow season. Speaking of which will they will be open tomorrow to get my liscence?
I don't know, but I wouldn't count on it. I bought mine this morning.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I don't know, but I wouldn't count on it. I bought mine this morning.
I heard that they will not be. Does this mean that I can not get it at meijers or Kmart?

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Great, I just bought a new truck tonight......................Is it Illegal to drive it with no plates if the place you get your plates at SOS is closed????????? I asked a cop buddy and his answer was dont know never had this happen............Nice

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
I heard that they will not be. Does this mean that I can not get it at meijers or Kmart?
Most state employees work Monday-Friday, including those people who maintain the state's computer systems. Those people went home from work at 5:00 pm today (probably the only time in history when state employees actually worked until 5pm on a Friday).

However, this has never happened that I can remember, so I do not know what will be left open and what isn't. There is going to be a ton of people trying to get hunting licenses tommorrow.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
81 Questions, none covered anything about New plates or buying a new vehicle

1 - 20 of 68 Posts