Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97TJ, 33x12.5x15 mud terrains, AGR superbox 2 and matching AGR pump with redline synthetic power steering fluid.

it's a manual tranny, but the radiator has the tranny cooler option build into it. so would it be worth it to hook the power steering into the tranny cooler and use it as a power steering cooler??? like would there be a noticable difference, or other benefit, or should i not waste my time???

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
97TJ, 33x12.5x15 mud terrains, AGR superbox 2 and matching AGR pump with redline synthetic power steering fluid.

it's a manual tranny, but the radiator has the tranny cooler option build into it. so would it be worth it to hook the power steering into the tranny cooler and use it as a power steering cooler??? like would there be a noticable difference, or other benefit, or should i not waste my time???
im wondering if a trans cooler could take the pressure? id like to know the answer to that one.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
The cooler is plumbed on the low pressure side, theres no issue there....

many people run it through the trans cooler on the radiator, with no ill effect. But it does WARM your fluid, so its not as effective as a seperate trans cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts