Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Powered by Ford
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkin about goin out and buying one of these, just wondering if anybody has ever ran into any problems with these yet, especially windows users. any other input would be cool too, like what applications that are useful etc...

·
aka Langford
1,268 Posts
I'm on my second one...bought a 16gig model the day they came out and it was fine for a long time, but about 3 months ago it froze up on me while updating a few applications. It was over a year old, so Apple still covered it, but I had to pay shipping....but no big deal, got a brand new one in the mail in about a week.

As far as applications....there are tons of good ones. Field runners is by far the best game made, I have countless hours racked up playing that. Subway shuffle is also a lot of fun, and great for killing some time.

For non-game apps, yellowpages mobile is good, the google maps is also nice, and Units is a great conversion program (weight, length, area, volume, power, etc.). The only bad thing is that you have to have wireless internet in the area to use a lot of the applications unlike the iPhone.

Overall it is an awsome iPod, much better than anything else on the market. The safari internet is really easy to use, and obviously the music part of it is great. One complaint is battery life, especially when playing games...fieldrunners drains the battery in a few hours. But for music playing, it will last all day. I highly recommend one, my girlfriend got a new iPod nano a few months back, and I trid talking her into a iTouch...but she wanted a pink one....she regrets it now.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I love mine, easy to use. Had mine a year now and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got one for my son for christmas and he loves it. Here is one thing you might like I figured why just put music on there when you can put the music videos on there from youtube.

http://www.savevid.com/

All you have to do is paste the url of video there and then save it to your HD and then put it in your itunes and sync.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
might as well spend a little more and get the phone
x2

I love my Ipod Touch, but I would love the phone a lot more. The lack of a speaker kinda sucks for lots of applications. And a lack of wireless in most places makes the Safari browser useless. I wish my company would allow me to replace my cell phone with an Iphone. I would do it in a heartbeat. I just don't feel like carrying 2 phones.

·
Hope and Change?
933 Posts
My wife and I both have Gen1 8g touches. Never had any problems with them over the last year or so. If I were going to get a new one, I would make sure I got a Gen2 (due to the Nike + application that is unable to run on Gen1).

SBC

·