Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Vette didn't look so hot after the T-case broke and the rear tires were 80% under the mud and that John Deere couldn't pull it out.

·
Thread killer
884 Posts
One bad bug, I fawking love this thing:

When I saw it, and the driver, I said "That looks like one PISSED OFF hippy!"

He completed the rock course, moment of victory:

broken steering linkage:

Matt (Sodapop) doing the rock course:

He was doing great, until this:

...led to this break:

being extracted -

·
Thread killer
884 Posts
BIG Jeep running the course:

Tearin' it up -

She almost made it to the end, but got hung up about right here -

rear steer buggy on rockwells:

'nother Jeep, is that a GL sticker? -

A Dodge powered 'Jeep' running the mud pit:

A nice EB:

A nice SBC powered Jeep on display at the Allpro Automotive booth ;)
There were quite a few vendors -

nice crawler -

'nother shot of the rear-steer buggy:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Too bad that nice SBC powered YJ puked out on the starting line of the mud bog.:tonka:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
The tipped over jeep is Adam from the sundowners club . He did that trick down in tellico too .

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
I like the converted dune buggy.... Do you have any specs on it?
HP Dana 44 front open
14 bolt rear open
Line locks on the axles at each corner
Cadillac Shortstar V6

He ran the course the fastest. Went the 140 feet one way in 40 sec. But he bent just about every link under the buggy and pretzelled his drive shaft trying to do the return trip. He was hitting it hard and the HP 44 didn't even flinch.

It's a pretty cool buggy. Very clean, nicely done, pretty and functional. I'd add lockers to it but otherwise it was very clean.

The other buggy (Maroon on top of the hill) was also VERY nice . he did the course one way in 1 min flat then came back in 1:07.

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
Here's a couple more pics of my carnage. One completely FUBAR'd driveshaft.

Those are metal pieces that are sticking out the top....

I had to cut the shaft out because there was so much pressure and it was jammed. Here's what came out:

Basically my Driveshaft wasn't long enough for my shackles to flip inverted. I came partially apart and then decided to try and go back together, unfortately, it doesn't have very good aim...

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
sodapop. the sand rail buggy had a 500 big block caddy motor in it not a shortstar.
Someone out there had a shortstar, do you remember who? I can't remember who I was talking to that said but I think it was Jason :confused: Maybe it was the Maroon buggy that had the shortstar in it.

·
Thread killer
884 Posts
Too bad that nice SBC powered YJ puked out on the starting line of the mud bog.:tonka:
Driver error. I dropped it in gear too fast and blew my trans up. What rig did you run?

...and yeah, it was too bad - it was my first time at a mudbog, let alone trying to run my own rig through the pit. I was disappointed to say the least. Thanks for rubbing it in though, jackass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts