Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Born yesterday!

Levi, meaning of his name: It is an Old Testament Hebrew name meaning joined or attached. Levi was one of Jacob's 12 sons who became the Father of the Levite tribe of Israel that served as Priests. God made a special covenant with Levi and those that followed his blood line, see Malachi 2:4-7 "And you will know that I have sent you this admonition so that my covenant with Levi may continue, says the LORD Almighty. My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin. For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction—because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty."

So Levi was to bring life and peace. He revered God and was awestruck by him. What he instructed people about was true, he refused to lie. He walked with God. He turned many from their wicked ways. The words of his mouth preserved knowledge, and men would go to him for advice and council. They did this because Levi didn't just know God, he KNEW God.

The prayer for my son is that he will one day be a pastor, just as Levi of old. My prayer for him more than anything else it said is that he would revere God and walk with him.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
You're a machine!!!!!!

congrats Dave

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
Congrats!

Hopefully they both inherit your wife's apparently impressive genes - she looks great after the adventure she just went through.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts