Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr Crawl
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
International Cub Lawn Tractor runs and works great, comes with mower deck, fresh oil change and service, ready to work. located in South Haven, MI

·
Registered
656 Posts
looks to be probably a 1948 Cub but not having Hydrualics really brings the value down.
I think the mower is a 42" wide cut the money is in the woods L59 60" wide cut.
if you post the s/n I will tell you the correct year.
nice tractor hope you get your money, do the lights work and the other big question does the charging system work on it? Does it have a mag or a dist? I can't tell from the picture.

·
Mr Crawl
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks to be probably a 1948 Cub but not having Hydrualics really brings the value down.
I think the mower is a 42" wide cut the money is in the woods L59 60" wide cut.
if you post the s/n I will tell you the correct year.
nice tractor hope you get your money, do the lights work and the other big question does the charging system work on it? Does it have a mag or a dist? I can't tell from the picture.
The tractor has a magneto, I am pretty sure it charges, I have not had any trouble out of the battery. I am not sure which one is the serial number but both 29965 and 1800 are on the tag. I measured the mower deck and it measures 48" across. I am looking for a good welder generator unit, preferably that runs on propane. I would look at partial trades and could throw in cash at the right unit. I might be able to negotiate on the price but it is a very nice running tractor.

·
Registered
656 Posts
29965 is the s/n which makes it a 1948
1800 is the RPM

Yes the deck probably does measure 48" across but if it was a 48" cut it would need a 48" mower blade and the deck would be bigger then 48" wide. Do you get what I am saying?
I am sure your mower deck is a 42" cut not meaning 42" wide. if it was a 48" mower deck it wont measure 48" wide because your mower blade would be as wide as your sheet metal and that wouldn't work.
anyway good luck if you want more info shoot me a pm I can help out I have bought and sold over 15 of them the last 10 years. I still own and use a few of them.
Chad

·
For Sale: AMC 360ci v8
444 Posts
I like cubs... sold a straight and clean sheetmetal with crappy repaint '54 IH Cub with cultivators for $1200. Had hydro lift and it ran. Had correct 'whistle tip' exhaust (basically stamped a hole in the pipe after the muffler that deflected exhaust gas downward)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts