Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for 4 of the internal beadlocks/rim locks for the H1's. Not the 3 peice factory style rubber ones, but the Hutchins brand or any other brand for that matter.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Paul Moeller (sp?) had some a while ago. He may still have them.

He runs GoHumvee.com or Myhumvee.com located in Vincennes (sp?) Indiana.

He's hard of hearing so speak loud and clear in the phone and you may have to call a couple times for him to hear it. He's a super guy and has sold me excellent parts at good prices.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Wow those things are pretty expensive new; $350.
Does anyone have any used ones?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Go to stazworks.com I believe he sells his for $50 each. I have been running them for about 4years no problems. They are some sort of Nylon I believe,1 piece

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Staz sells PVC inserts. Literally sewer pipe. They work well from what I've heard.

I personally prefer the stock rubber inserts. I have 3 sets and have mounted several different tires with different beads on the same rims and they conform well to the different thicknesses beads.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Staz sells PVC inserts. Literally sewer pipe. They work well from what I've heard.

I personally prefer the stock rubber inserts. I have 3 sets and have mounted several different tires with different beads on the same rims and they conform well to the different thicknesses beads.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the stock rubber inserts for the radial 12 bolts tyle wheel? Is there a difference between to two? I wasnt sure if they work with the 8 bolts style.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The rubber inserts are for the 12 bolt radial wheel.

I run them on the 8 bolt and 12 bolt wheels and they work fine. When I ran 39.5 boggers on the 8 bolt wheels with the rubber sleeves it was very hard to compress the beads but that's because of the rediculously thick beads on the boggers.

But that's the only reason I prefer the rubber sleeves. They are more flexible than the PVC inserts and will accomodate varying bead thicknesses much better than the PVC inserts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts