Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried / seen it? Was talkin about custom spots to put offroading lights and someone said "Why not put the little rectangular lights on the top and bottom of the wind shield?" kind of like unmarked cop cars have lights in their windows.

Never tried it, never heard of it being used, but sounds like a smart way to light up ahead and less off the bumper. Only problem I could see is a glare from the lights if it's not blocked off. These would be lined right against the headliner / windshield and the dash / windshield.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
There was a guy on Jeep Forum who had some in the top of his TJ. It looked sweet once you noticed they were there. I dont recall a write up or anything, just remember seeing the pic.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
you would need a box of some sort around the light, that is sealed to the windshield, and that will prevent it from glaring in the area of glass your looking through

·
Bike Dude
2,103 Posts
you would get a reflection on the hood also... The law enforcement units use a rubber surround that seals to the window and are normally only in the back. other lights mounted to the front bumper.... there is a DNR truck in my driveway

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To the OP, is this what you're thinking of, but with a white, static light?
Yeah basically to that account. Just your basic rectangular light you'd see on the bottom as fog lights or on the back of a roof rack. I figured they'd glare somehow, but how about just along the top of the window? Still as bad of a glare with the hood in the way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts