Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ecoyne
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What're you guys using for all-in-one instant messaging programs?

I was a diehard Trillian user, but that hasn't been updated in awhile. I seem to do more chatting through Facebook now a days.

I came across the program Pidgin, which seems to be OK, just not well polished...

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Pidgin put Trillian to shame as far as im concerned, then I got invited to help test Digsby when it first came out. Digsby is the best by far. It will do all the messengers, plus facebook, gmail, pop accounts, myspace, twitter etc. Check it out:

http://www.digsby.com/

Works for mac, pc and linux. :thumb:

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
for a clientless connection, meebo.com does not only the mainstream messenger accounts, but also now facebook.

been using it for about a year now without any problems.

·
ecoyne
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pidgin put Trillian to shame as far as im concerned, then I got invited to help test Digsby when it first came out. Digsby is the best by far. It will do all the messengers, plus facebook, gmail, pop accounts, myspace, twitter etc. Check it out:

http://www.digsby.com/

Works for mac, pc and linux. :thumb:
Wow, great find! Works very nicely. I just wish it would minimize right to Tray instead of to taskbar, but... great interface into FB as well.

Thanks!

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
Wow, great find! Works very nicely. I just wish it would minimize right to Tray instead of to taskbar, but... great interface into FB as well.

Thanks!
Click X instead of _, it'll go right to tray. This is normal behavior for most tray apps these days, _ (minimize) puts it to taskbar, X puts it to tray.

I have been using digsby for quite a while now, and rather enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I'm assuming this is for Windows? I use AdiumX for Mac and it's really nice, and works as a client for more than I could ever need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts