Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
Hell yea. looking forward to pics.

Wife and I are probably not going to be doing much camping/traveling this year with the little man; so I gotta live vicariously through other people lol

·
Gustafson
10,548 Posts
Hell yea. looking forward to pics.

Wife and I are probably not going to be doing much camping/traveling this year with the little man; so I gotta live vicariously through other people lol
Awe come-on. We took our son camping at 6 weeks old. :LOL:

·
Low Range Drifter
8,652 Posts
Same, looks fun, haven't been, curious how the campsites are.

I haven’t been there in 5 years, so maybe it got better, or worse. Big field. Shower/shitter up front. Front few rows have RV hookup, rest is primitive. When they did TREC races they would allow some shenanigans. Shower house was functional but not really nice, shower early evening or wake up early or prepare for cold shower.

I do kinda missgoing down there.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven’t been there in 5 years, so maybe it got better, or worse. Big field. Shower/shitter up front. Front few rows have RV hookup, rest is primitive. When they did TREC races they would allow some shenanigans. Shower house was functional but not really nice, shower early evening or wake up early or prepare for cold shower.

yesh… no power hookup!? What this-is-not-silver-lake is that!?!?Thanks for the shower heads up. I always enjoy 2 am showers for that hot hot water.

The quarry is pretty entertaining for rock crawling climbing. There are some good woods trails there. It's well worth a weekend trip.
I think that’s where the group said we would spend a lot of our time. I literally know no one in the group. Just on a FB group page. Posted the trip and figured why not go and meet people.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

My wife is definitely not going for pitching a tent in a field with everyone else lol. I'll have to see if there's other accommodations around.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,652 Posts
Last time I stayed at Attica Inn it was fine. Not great, not bad. Owned by Indians who I believe live up front, so the lobby had a strong curry smell.

I think the other campground in the area is Klumpe Family Kampground (had to google it). It's been probably 10 years since I stayed there. Seemed like it was in between trees, many people have campers setup there. Bath house was nicer. Seems like they wanted it very quiet.

You could try renting a house in the area. Hotels in Layfayette for Purdue, but that's a bit of a drive back and forth.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Going to see what I can do to come down Friday the 24th to say hello, hang out for the day, and do what I can to help you navigate the park. I'll just have my JK so probably can't keep up with you every where but that's ok. Or if someone would have an open seat I wouldn't mind that either.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last time I stayed at Attica Inn it was fine. Not great, not bad. Owned by Indians who I believe live up front, so the lobby had a strong curry smell.

I think the other campground in the area is Klumpe Family Kampground (had to google it). It's been probably 10 years since I stayed there. Seemed like it was in between trees, many people have campers setup there. Bath house was nicer. Seems like they wanted it very quiet.

You could try renting a house in the area. Hotels in Layfayette for Purdue, but that's a bit of a drive back and forth.
If I were going with friends and people that I knew....I'd totaly try and grab a cabin/house. I don't mind the camping. I'm just use to having power. Need to figure out how to make my coffee now!!!Thankfully the jeep has a big deep cycle and I could run a power inverter off it. Hopefully just at the campsite at night and for sleeping.

Going to see what I can do to come down Friday the 24th to say hello, hang out for the day, and do what I can to help you navigate the park. I'll just have my JK so probably can't keep up with you every where but that's ok. Or if someone would have an open seat I wouldn't mind that either.
Nice! I may have someone with me. She needs to see if her schedule is clear. But for sure you could ride around if I have an open front seat. The back seat is not so fun.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Well...I'm not going to make it :cautious: To many things have come up and I dont have a vacation day to take. Hope you have a blast and enjoy the park. If you have questions about the park while you're down there feel free to message me on Facebook.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well...I'm not going to make it :cautious: To many things have come up and I dont have a vacation day to take. Hope you have a blast and enjoy the park. If you have questions about the park while you're down there feel free to message me on Facebook.
no worries…. Trip was canceled yesterday :( someone who was kind of the main people had a family emergency. So no one else wanted to go. Soooooooo another time it is.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. Well please let me know when you end up rescheduling it. I think you'd have a lot of fun there and I'd love to watch you tear shit up 🤣 Hell if it's not until next year I may have my buggy done 🤞

1 - 20 of 20 Posts