Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... In my Camry a recent problem is when Im in park and i press on the brakes, my shifter clicks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats normal....its the release so you can take it out of park. You cant take it out of park till it "clicks" releasing the shifter.... your good to go..

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,098 Posts
you must be imagining it. from that I hear Camrys never ever have any problems... ever.

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahah they dont really but i just noticed it today. and zeke its not normal. it never happened untill today. and i mean its like a CLICK before it was silent. my hand isnt on the shifter at all im in park and i push brakes, click , let off, push brakes, click, etc.... odd

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Zeke is correct- it is your shifter interlock.

Either you are just noticing it now becuase you don't have the radio on as loud and have a hangover, or it is just making more noise, I dunno. (Not a Toyota or late model car kinda guy)

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i knew what was making the noise, well not specifically the "interlock" but i knew it was the thing that allows me to shift out of park :tonka: but does this mean its going bad? and TRUST me.. it never made the noise before :sonicjay: no one beleives me :(

·
CRANES ARE COOL
686 Posts
well i knew what was making the noise, well not specifically the "interlock" but i knew it was the thing that allows me to shift out of park :tonka: but does this mean its going bad? and TRUST me.. it never made the noise before :sonicjay: no one beleives me :(
craneguy believes you

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Must..
block out...

mental image...

of .

Leanz in Skirt...[/Shatner]

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts