Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
dont let craig see it, he will steal the fenders!
:sonicjay:

Nice find, Jacob. It's the lunette (round piece) you want.

Check out this thread. M-416s available in Florida for $50. Maybe you could buy one, get the parts you need, and resell the remainder where it sits. CLICK HERE for a good M-416 reference page.

If you need a big-a$$ military pintle hitch for your vehicle, I have several original military ones from my '10as (nicer than the aftermarket ones I have seen). I'll make you a good deal on one.

Craig

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:sonicjay:

Nice find, Jacob. It's the lunette (round piece) you want.

Check out this thread. M-416s available in Florida for $50. Maybe you could buy one, get the parts you need, and resell the remainder where it sits. CLICK HERE for a good M-416 reference page.

If you need a big-a$$ military pintle hitch for your vehicle, I have several original military ones from my '10as (nicer than the aftermarket ones I have seen). I'll make you a good deal on one.

Craig

We have a stock pintle hitch here at work that hasn't moved in years that is flattie sized I think I can scam, IIRC yours were really large :sonicjay:

The only thing I need is the lunette, I have to see what is left of where it mounts, for the price I got this for I didn't even haggle, especially because there was another guy waiting there right behind me. The floor is in great shape, as is the rest of it. The only things missing are the lunette and the 24V blackout lights. I can get the lunette repro from G503.com.

Honestly Craig, finding this one makes me HAPPY you bought the other one :sonicjay: I saved money... and I don't have to have the sick feeling in my stomach seeing it get cut up :tonka: :poke:

-- I hope you know I am always just razzing you with that :sonicjay:

Btw if you need these jeep style fenders eventually they were $20/side from Richfield trailer supply down here, I put a set on my other utility trailer a couple years ago :tonka:

·
Registered
441 Posts
She got a ring you got a trailer. Sounds like a fair trade to me.:miff:
Should be , she got a ring and a trailer. Remember, what hers is hers and whats yours is hers. After the big day anyways. :sonicjay:

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
I gave $350 for mine, and it was pretty rough. I overpaid for it IMO, but drove 3 hrs. one-way to get it. The owner said the floor was solid, but it had scrap steel, junk, snow, ice, etc. piled inside it (I was told it had already been removed, but found otherwise when I got there). Once I got it home and thawed it out, I realized the floor wasn't in the condition claimed...oh well. It worked out well for my purposes, and I'll build a small flatbed utility trailer out of the frame/springs/axles.

They're not readily available, and I needed something quick to get my project done. Here's how the bed turned out after being shortened.

Typically, $700-900 is normal for one in nice shape (from what I have seen). It sounds like Jacob got a great deal on his. :thumb:

Craig

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why will you get shot?
Couple reasons... Mostly because I need it like I need a hole in the head, but this thing is in the best condition I have seen an unrestored one in.

Biggest reason is I got engaged over the weekend and we have to pay for our own wedding, I borrowed the money from my dad so I can make payments back to him... engagement ring last month killed me for awhile. She thinks it's cool and she lets me collect my jeep stuff. She doesn't care what I buy as long as I will use it. This definitely will get used. I was running way late getting home from work and I called her on the way home and she laughed and said "you bought that trailer didn't you" :tonka:

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Couple reasons... Mostly because I need it like I need a hole in the head, but this thing is in the best condition I have seen an unrestored one in.

Biggest reason is I got engaged over the weekend and we have to pay for our own wedding, I borrowed the money from my dad so I can make payments back to him... engagement ring last month killed me for awhile. She thinks it's cool and she lets me collect my jeep stuff. She doesn't care what I buy as long as I will use it. This definitely will get used. I was running way late getting home from work and I called her on the way home and she laughed and said "you bought that trailer didn't you" :tonka:
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

congrats on the engagment

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Better hurry and pick it up ! Was still sitting by the road yesterday with the for sale sign on it !!
I bought it yesterday afternoon (around 7ish), placed deposit and watched him pull it to the backyard... it was still in the backyard this morning.

If it's back out to the road I will be pissed as I said I would be back today or tomorrow with the balance and the correct ball, I don't own anything with 1 7/8" ball hitch. I also have a receipt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts