Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a cache in O'hare airport, and I'm going to get it on Wednesday night!

I took my parents caching this weekend, they came up from Grand Rapids and I figured that I'd take them out "northern Michigan" style. Quote of the day from my mom, (between the, oh.my.god's as we headed down various trails) "I'm really starting to appreciate this Jeep!"

We had a lot of fun, drove a lot, walked almost as much and had a great day.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
My mom(65yrs old) was visting us over the 4th of July. We took her out two tracking and geocaching along the AuSable River Valley. She's hooked now also. She called my step dad and told him to buy a GPS, becuase when she got back to Colorado they where going caching.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
i am hooked i go every chance i get, in fact i may head out here shortly

·
rapid city recovery team
1,049 Posts
Have you found the one in freedom park yet? Ive been over there 3 times! I put a green jeep tb in the park off of torch river road.

kyle

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've not gone that direction yet, I've been working TC and the two tracks around Supply Road area etc. I'll have to go check it out when I get back from Cali next week.

·
rapid city recovery team
1,049 Posts
Have a fun trip. If ya ever want to go look. Let me know. My kids a 7 and 10 and they love to go on the weekends. Katie and I sometimes get out during the week and would definitely go if someone else wanted to.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
I guess I have no clue what your talking about, please explain

·
Because I Said So...
1,081 Posts
I just discovered caching a few weeks ago and I am full on hooked. The web site above is great and its an outdoor activity that my whole family really enjoys.

·
rapid city recovery team
1,049 Posts
yeah the kids think its great and its a great to get them out in the woods or on a trail. Since they have a goal it keeps their interest longer.

kyle

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back from Cali and I can't sleep!
What is the name of the cache in freedom park? I can't find it on geocaching.com

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
So how many finds does everyone have? I kinda started last summer but only did about 15 or so. This summer I racked up about 50 in a month. :tonka: Been too busy lately to do it. Hopefully get out and do it this weekend. :thumb: We need to form GA. Geocachers Anonymous. :tonka: Another sweet site to check out is MiGo or Michigan Geocaching Organization.
http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

View attachment 13519

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
So how many finds does everyone have? I kinda started last summer but only did about 15 or so. This summer I racked up about 50 in a month. :tonka: Been too busy lately to do it. Hopefully get out and do it this weekend. :thumb: We need to form GA. Geocachers Anonymous. :tonka: Another sweet site to check out is MiGo or Michigan Geocaching Organization.
http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

View attachment 13519
to lazy to look but its around 90, we don't get out enough. Plus with four kids it takes forever sometimes

Go look and see what VictoryMike has. something like 2500

1 - 18 of 18 Posts