Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are you storing your AV gear?

I'm shopping around for stands and cabinets but haven't found anything I like. Well, other than concealing all the electronics in a stealth rack mount enclosure- but I'm not spending that kind of loot.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
We ended up spending another 1K ( for a low but wide dining room cabinet with four glass front doors (something like 54" wide) to compliment the 46" TV. I like it but it could be a couple inches taller and I had to bore holes for all of the cables.

42,949 Posts
rf and hide your junk in a cabinet

or floating wall mount.

IMO, it looks tacky to have a floor mounted AV shelf with a wall mount. If your going to floor mount the av, get a stand that lifts the lcd/plasma up 24" above the top shelf

·
No Longer a Newbie
396 Posts
If you want to spend spend a lotta $$ at Ikea there is these cheap little shelves you mount the bracket to the wall and slide the shelf over it. We have all of our wiring ran inside the wall, and holes drilled in the shelves to conceal the wires. It sounds kinda dumb but I think it looks pretty good, Ill try to get some pics up tonight.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Any experience with the RF stuff? how well does it perform?

or floating wall mount.

IMO, it looks tacky to have a floor mounted AV shelf with a wall mount. If your going to floor mount the av, get a stand that lifts the lcd/plasma up 24" above the top shelf

·
Lost Soul
272 Posts
My av stuff is in a coat closet and I'm using the leapfrog model LF-IRX unit.
Works great, I have had it for a few years.
Living room has lcd tv and speakers nothing else.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

or floating wall mount.

Floating wall mount wouldn't work in my living room. My kids would f' that up in no time. If I had the gear worth displaying and a dedicated AV room, I'd go that route for 'cool factor'.

Upon further searching I found a few cabinets which could work, if I decide to buy the TV. I'd prefer to conceal everything in a closet.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
I redid the wall behind the TV and all my equipment plugs into the wall and then down to my AV stuff. :thumb:

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
I'm building a cabinet with the upper portion containing the needed electronics and the lower half will be DVD's games

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
This thread sucks without pics.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I bought this and installed it above the TV. It has the cable box and dvd player on it.

42,949 Posts
Is your Wii in plain view or hidden?
no video games in that room. H15 power conditioner, comcast hd box, blu-ray player, and a yamaha v1800.

FYI, my experience with hiding the wii's is ok IF you can still keep the WIRED sensor bar. In the basement I messed around with hiding the wii and bought a wireless sensor bar. Not sure if they all suck, but the one I bought does.. Not near as accurate as the nintendo bar, and the range is horrible.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Thats what I like about my PS3, I have it hidden behind the tv so you cannot see it but it still works great. Gotta love the bluetooth.

42,949 Posts
Thats what I like about my PS3, I have it hidden behind the tv so you cannot see it but it still works great. Gotta love the bluetooth.
no, that is retarded. Now I have to have two remotes in the basement.

And I like the looks of the ps3, as opposed to the ugly square wii that is bright white.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts