Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would it be? I am getting ready to graduate in about 2 months, and i am sending out my resume to different company's all over the US. I am trying to get in at a place thats warm(er) most of the year, decent hunting, relativly close to the ocean, and doesnt have asinine firearms laws.:sonicjay: if you could pull up and move somewhere else where would it be?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Northwest Montana or even North of Duluth, MN.

Somewhere that doesn't have a lot of people around to piss me off with their stupidity.

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
Where would it be? I am getting ready to graduate in about 2 months, and i am sending out my resume to different company's all over the US. I am trying to get in at a place thats warm(er) most of the year, decent hunting, relativly close to the ocean, and doesnt have asinine firearms laws.:sonicjay: if you could pull up and move somewhere else where would it be?
Texas meets your requirements.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vegas would be horrible for me, i do not like the city at all. nevada is nice though.

NC, SC, Ga, Tn. somewhere in those areas.
I love the carolina's, they have some of the most beautiful areas in the country. I applied to several shipyards in NC and AL, waiting to see if they pan out.

·
Desert Rat
7,010 Posts
Reno, nevada.
It has it all.
You can even cross streams with your 4x4:woot:In fact sometimes it is the only way to get across.
More public land and trails than you will know what to do with.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Bangor Maine. I like the UP and all, but it doesn't hold a candle to Maine. I've lived in all the sunny vaca states and you can keep em all.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Reno, nevada.
It has it all.
You can even cross streams with your 4x4:woot:In fact sometimes it is the only way to get across.
More public land and trails than you will know what to do with.
thats where i want to move. gotta convince the wife. affordable housing. great wheeling and not far at all from the rubicon or lake tahoe. are you in reno? by your location it seems you are everywhere. xxxj

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Vegas would be horrible for me, i do not like the city at all. nevada is nice though.
Have you ever driven around the Vegas area? You go only a couple miles in any direction and bam - you're in the desert. I rented a Dyna on one of my first trips out there to ride out to the dam, through Red Rock, Valley of Fire, etc. Really not what I expected to see so close to a city.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts