Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
if you're thinkin of a jeep for your 440 Id go with the 2nd one! that willys CJ dont seem like it'd have the room for a Big Block.. and the Willy Pick up is a Truck ! so you know it's cool!

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Well, I know Rick Pewe from Petersons 4WOR has a 455 big block in his GPW.

NIce guy, I spent some time BSing with him at Camp Jeep when I was working there.. he was steamed because his GPW was a Ford and therefore not allowed at Camp Jeep.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
My CJ3a that I just picked up will probably end up with a Toyota 22R 2.4 liter I4..

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
Haggar said:
Well, I know Rick Pewe from Petersons 4WOR has a 455 big block in his GPW.

NIce guy, I spent some time BSing with him at Camp Jeep when I was working there.. he was steamed because his GPW was a Ford and therefore not allowed at Camp Jeep.
Mopar 440 is a Y block so its a LITTLE bit bigger than a chevy Big Block.. and remind me again what a GPW is ??

·
Ranger Addiction?
2,064 Posts

·
Swamp Stomper
8,179 Posts
Muddinguy said:
Mopar 440 is a Y block so its a LITTLE bit bigger than a chevy Big Block.. and remind me again what a GPW is ??
I think the mentioned 455 is a buick or olds and is wider then the chevy BB, but don't know how it compares to the mopar Y block

oh, yeah, and Jason, I hate you... I'm going to come over and steal that CJ from you :tonka:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Muddinguy said:
I always thought those were made by jeep.. they look kind of cool !
Nope, real jeeps were built by Ford

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Bones said:
Nope, real jeeps were built by Ford

Of the ~650,000 WWII jeeps, about 40% were built by Ford..

And Bones knows right, jeep isn't supposed to be capitalized for WWII models..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts