Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there at 6pm. Crayfish boil and Calamari didn't show till 50min later. Had to wait another 5min for plates and silverware to show up. My wife, mother, and father ordered a fish dish. I ordered $50 worth of sushi and my daughter ordered a pasta dish that has hair in it. My moms fish dish is super salty and my dads is cold. All of this didn't show till 20 after 7pm.

Wife wanted to complain. I didn't. Manager comes to our table tells me it typically takes 30 to 45min for sushi to show up at a table. This pisses me right off. I told her that is bs. I eat here enough to know it shows up no later that 20min. She argues with me. My wife tells me I am getting loud. So I shut up. My wife takes over. WE get 4 dinners taken off our bill and 4 free deserts and a $25 gift card. My mother doesn't trust my choice in restaurants anymore :(

My parents agree to this place after I rave about the food.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
St. Clair Shores. Believe it or not sushi is good there. Japanese sushi chefs and everything.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
I learned that lesson about Fishbone's along time ago. Sorry it happened in front of your whole family. Same thing downtown too. I just remember our waitress walking to our table eating a bag of m&m's. wife had to yank me out of the place not to go off on her and the manager.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,283 Posts
Hmmm. Never been there, only to the downtown location. I don't see anyting on the menu other than gumbo ya-ya and the Bourbon Street Strip.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Hmmm. Never been there, only to the downtown location. I don't see anyting on the menu other than gumbo ya-ya and the Bourbon Street Strip.
They have a whole sushi bar there even at the downtown location.

·
Shhhhhh
951 Posts
Doesnt sound like the place to go unless ya just caught them on a bad night.
Either way it does sound like they at least tried to make up for their mistakes

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesnt sound like the place to go unless ya just caught them on a bad night.
Either way it does sound like they at least tried to make up for their mistakes
Been going to this fishbones for quite sometime. First bad experience.

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
I've been to Fishbone's multiple times, both downtown and St Clair Shores. They are usually pretty good service and okay food, but I agree they can be quite slow at times.

@ cornfed - it's more than just a creole place, they have a variety of cooking styles. Their menu is like 10 pages long

·
Throttled
482 Posts
I go to fishbones almost weekly since I live about 2 blocks from it, I personally like to sit in the bar area cause the service is always much better. If you get put in that room with the pool tables I swear they always forget about you. Foods always good though, never had the sushi

1 - 20 of 24 Posts