Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last 2yrs ago I got a reverse mortgage on my home. They promised me that I would still own my home and they could never kick me out. Now because I've past the 20% in equity that I thought I owed the company says they reserve the right to sell my home, and now I have to start making payments to them. If I miss one payment they can foreclose on me...WTF!!! Nothing like being lied too!!! I think I'm going to sue them, reverse mortgages are supposed to pay me, not the other way around

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
i would call the police

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I settled with western sky and part of my reverse mortgage was paying on that...however it was take a reverse mortgage or lose the house. I couldn't afford all my payments and it seemed like a good deal at the time. That company flat out lied to me, so how's that make me a dumbass?

·
10ptbuck
2,201 Posts
Because you took the reverse mortgage instead of giving up on the house with a flex sealed roof and water damage. :teehee: How did you come out with that dumbass?

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
im confused. so the reverse mortgage they start paying you? but now that your not 95yrs old. the reverse has flopped and if you miss any payments they will take the house.

that is awesome bizz. how much did they crank up the interest rate?

1 - 20 of 174 Posts