Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Extraordinarily Ordinary
16,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I'm going to try to work today.

Thank God I'm not a neuro-surgeon, or something else where a steady hand means life or death.
I get "lost" driving around my own town...A town I have lived in all my 47 years on this planet. o_O so I'm also thankful not to be a bus driver or a cabbie.

I hope to hear something definitive from the KCC/WMU today, this waiting is the worst, and we can't move forward until word comes. It's been 9 days. I need to close this chapter before I can even begin to make sense of the next.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Preliminary autopsy results are pointing to a three week old ankle injury.

A blood clot formed and, well... It busted loose. Pulmonary embolism.

Please! Don't ignore "minor injuries" if it hurts bad or feels worse within couple of days... SEE A DOCTOR!
Damn.....

I stared at this post for almost 10 minutes and I have no words that will make what you are going through any easier....

So, I typed this post, just to show you that i read your post and we're all still thinking about you.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Damn.....

I stared at this post for almost 10 minutes and I have no words that will make what you are going through any easier....

So, I typed this post, just to show you that i read your post and we're all still thinking about you.
this.

sorry to hear. thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
So sorry to hear about the loss of your precious little girl. Will pray for peace and comfort and that the Lord will give you understanding for these terrible times you are going through.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
As a mom of two daughters who are out on their own, I can't imagine the pain and heartbreak that you'll be feeling forever.
My former brother-in-law lost his mom to the same. She fell in her tub and told no one then after she complained of a headache it was too late.
Prayers and thoughts heading your way.
Yes, we are a caring bunch no matter how we act in text.

·
Old School
33,020 Posts
I'm going to try to work today.

Thank God I'm not a neuro-surgeon, or something else where a steady hand means life or death.
I get "lost" driving around my own town...A town I have lived in all my 47 years on this planet. o_O so I'm also thankful not to be a bus driver or a cabbie.

I hope to hear something definitive from the KCC/WMU today, this waiting is the worst, and we can't move forward until word comes. It's been 9 days. I need to close this chapter before I can even begin to make sense of the next.
I'm not a religious person, and this really isn't a religion but more of a philosophy.....

If you look up taoism it may help you sort out the feelings you are having. It helped me many times in the past, and put a perspective on things when my son died. it helps you to accept the way things are.

Cleaning up some papers around the house I ran across a stack of memorial cards that friends and family had sent me. Reading them again of course brought sadness, but also joy at seeing the positive impact he had on so many lives.

This is how things are for me now and forever. It's ok to be sad.

·
Premium Member
4,458 Posts
It's ok to be sad.
After going through an emotional divorce this past year this is one big thing I learned. Its nothing like losing a child but its a traumatic loss in its own right.

Its okay and healthy to acknowledge feelings. It does more harm to pretend they don't exists and don't affect you. Feel them, let them wash over you, and then try and work through/past them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I know how you feel. PM me if you want to talk to someone anonymous who's been through it. I may be able to help.

·
Extraordinarily Ordinary
16,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The ME finally released the cause of death and her body for cremation.
(yeah....we waited 16 excruciating days for this)

DVT (deep vein thrombosis/blood clotS in her legs) resulting in bilateral (both lungs) PE (pulmonary Embolism) due in part to medically significant obesity.
@BlooMule , you're right...knowing hasn't made it and easier.

·
Old School
33,020 Posts
I'm sorry.

Another parent I know told me the same things I am telling you. Others thought it harsh, but sugarcoating the truth makes it harder to face. You have knowledge of the cause, but it doesn't change the result. I had to face that head on, and accepting it allowed me to move forward.

I feel you are strong enough to do so as well.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts