Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Meh kids are overrated, been married for 8 years still no kids. Maybe I'm shooting blanks.

My wife said she'll take your case, but you have to buy my jeep.
Your wifes legal services come with a free wrangler? I'm in. I was just mad with the money im about to spend, i could have put a built 360 in the haggard wag. But fuck, you just made my day knowing im going to get a running, wheelable jeep out of this deal too.

But children are not overated. They are worth everything.

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
But children are not overated. They are worth everything.
I was joking :fish:

And it's $290 an hour for her legal services, plus $13500 for the jeep.

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
Smartest thing ever typed on great lakes.
Those are big words coming from a guy who thinks everything he types is the smartest thing ever typed on great lakes. :nana:

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Those are big words coming from a guy who thinks everything he types is the smartest thing ever typed on great lakes. :nana:
Lol you need to learn to read a little better. I have said many times that i say the dumbest things on great lakes. I like to get a rise out of some of these fools . Its very entertaining to me.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Legal recommendations from GL4x4.com. Be suspect...very suspect. :teehee: I have a very good attorney (Rizzo-Bryan in GR). I'm not sure what you'll be undertaking, but I've had my share of headache (and a LOT of money spent). It would be a good start to me getting my own law degree. :sonicjay:

Good luck.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think I met my attorney today. Meeting one more on Monday.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I havent made the mistake of being married yet.
From my understanding, that might make things more expensive for you, than had you married the baby mama.....then again if your name is on the birth cert that should help. I can't recall exactly, it's been a long time since i had to do too much arguing about this kinda stuff so it's a little foggy.

Whack. Young, aggressive attorneys get annihilated by experienced, soft spoken ones.
:thumb:

That was my first thought. There's a lot to be said for the good ok boys club.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
From my understanding, that might make things more expensive for you, than had you married the baby mama.....then again if your name is on the birth cert that should help. I can't recall exactly, it's been a long time since i had to do too much arguing about this kinda stuff so it's a little foggy.

I doubt she will make me go through a paternity test as her real chase here is for child support. My kids have my last name and I signed the paper at the hospital claiming them (which also gives custody rights to the mother until a further agreement is reached). However if she does make me go through a paternity test, when I come out as the father she will be on the hook for half.

I have shopped a few lawyers. Quiet and boisterous, male and female, but all with experience. They have all had good things to say about each other. None of them have had anything good to say about her lawyer.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
It all depends on what you are fighting for and about. The signing of the birth cert while not being married giving custody to the mom is the part I was referring to costing you extra money to gain custody (if that was your goal).

If you are fighting over support that's an arena I've luckily never had to play a game in.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It all depends on what you are fighting for and about. The signing of the birth cert while not being married giving custody to the mom is the part I was referring to costing you extra money to gain custody (if that was your goal).

If you are fighting over support that's an arena I've luckily never had to play a game in.
I havent seen my kids in over a month. Thats all this fight is about. Her dad gave her a very nice job. If anything she would be paying me.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts