Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,067 Posts
Cool I moved mine this year too, better shot in the woods that I always see deer in. Unfortunately didn't have enough time to cut the lanes as good as I would have liked. Good luck out there.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Someone set up their office on my property sometime between Thursday afternoon and before it snowed today. Tomorrow's going to be a rough day for them.
Good for you. I have zero issues with hunters, but screw the trespassers.

Reactions: whiterhino

·
Project Antitube
1,079 Posts
I was thinking this year I wouldn't get any trespassers because it'd been quiet in dawood. Usually I see evidence in mid October of shenanigans. I didn't even change all the batteries in the game cameras I have scattered on all the far reaches.

·
Whoop Whoop
17,261 Posts
I was thinking this year I wouldn't get any trespassers because it'd been quiet in dawood. Usually I see evidence in mid October of shenanigans. I didn't even change all the batteries in the game cameras I have scattered on all the far reaches.
you seeing many deer on the west half of the up? I've gotten three across my cameras north of Tahquamenon over the last 5 months. a doe and fawn together in august, and one doe on the 16th

·
Project Antitube
1,079 Posts
you seeing many deer on the west half of the up? I've gotten three across my cameras north of Tahquamenon over the last 5 months. a doe and fawn together in august, and one doe on the 16th
I live in granola eating lumber licker territory now (20 minutes west of Ann Arbor in the Greater Chelsea Metropolitan Area) and about the same south of bbaXJ. Still know plenty of people that live up there and they say the same thing about the lack of wildlife including turkeys. My boss still owns the family plot on Houghton Canal Road and all of his siblings say there is a deer shortage there also. Apparently a lot died last winter. One of his nieces has a business selling antlers and thin pickings.

In other news, I found a large doe dead in the creek yesterday. It was a good shot also, right to the heart, and it was between two blockages so someone was trespassing when they shot it a few days ago. I was hoping it was going to be a light poaching season with a year of free money then people going back to work but I guess not.

·
Project Antitube
1,079 Posts
The problem is that it's a heavily wooded with a decent size creek running through it. The back 10 acres I don't use much and that's what most people want to hunt. I have just enough narrow (50") paths cut zigzagging to get firewood that if you stay on those it's pretty easy walking on those if I mowed it. I've been trying to trim a 50' swath from the house to the swamp on the far side of the creek so then there is a good chance someone walking it will see the house and GTFO. Most people won't walk that swamp, including me, because it's about 10" of water and full of brush with pokeys. It's fucking miserable to walk it, whenever I go through I look like I was attacked by a room full of starving cats.

And it's wooded upstream and downstream for a long ways with no houses on it. So it's a pretty decent thoroughfare for animals/birds/snakes and we see everything you can think of except beavers and a couple of the more rare snakes. It's kind of neat, but so many of the animals want to eat my chickens it can be irritating.

I'm also not the only person that has had problems with people pointing high speed lead emitters at them on their own property.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts