Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I can levitate!
9,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you keep them little fawkers out of your house? I had 2 in my house last summer, got rid of them. Now I have one that was tormenting me last night. I know they are small and harmless and bla bla bla, but I want some techmology to keep them out of my house. Any idears?

I need to TRY and find out how there getting in. I HATE BATS!

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
we toke the 12 guage to them simple and low cost
Were you on COPS a couple years ago complaining about the neighborhood kids riding dirt bikes in your trailer park? I think you were the guy with the oversized tank top, cotton sorts, and muddy feet.

If so, I think I remember you...

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
Bats are great!

The best thing to do when you haqve a bat in the house is turn out the inside lights, open the outside door, and turn the outside lights on so they san see where they are supposed to go...... in less than 5 minutes they'll be outside....

Bats are great! they can eat up to 3 - 6 times thier body weight in insects every single evening.....

Do you think you have a bat colony in your house?

http://www.batcon.org/home/index.asp?idPage=51&idSubPage=48

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I don't know how to get rid of them, but if you don't like them, don't stay at The Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island. To get away from them there, you change rooms. :sonicjay:

·
broken
5,093 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
if the little buggers are roosting in the house then you have a hole somewhere. I learned a trick a ways back and its handy for stuff like this. get you some small mouse traps. put a tidbit of raw meat or a bug on them. put them up high on a cabinet or you can screw them to the ceiling upside down. I pre drill a hole for a drywall screw and then set the trap after its mounted. they come out and get the trap every time.

if you plan to use a bug, get a cricket and tie him on the trigger with thread.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Had a rather large brown colored bat in my barn in Saginaw years ago. It was the color of a squirrel. (the Saginaw kind, not the Grayling kind:sonicjay: )
Rargreen saw me scream like a little girl, and hide behind my toolbox one night, when it came into the shop part of the barn for a visit. :tonka:

·
Captain of my pants
4,159 Posts
Bat man hated Bats, is there any realtion there?

·
I can levitate!
9,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if the little buggers are roosting in the house then you have a hole somewhere. I learned a trick a ways back and its handy for stuff like this. get you some small mouse traps. put a tidbit of raw meat or a bug on them. put them up high on a cabinet or you can screw them to the ceiling upside down. I pre drill a hole for a drywall screw and then set the trap after its mounted. they come out and get the trap every time.

if you plan to use a bug, get a cricket and tie him on the trigger with thread.
I like that idea. I will have to try that. Hopefully pics will follow.

By the way, I like bats out doors, just not in my house. I dont think I have 3 to 5 times the weight of a bat in bugs in my house anyways. Maybe only 2 to 3 times at tops and I like bugs.

·
Hoggin'-N-Boggin'
2,358 Posts
i say quite being a pussy, just get a bathouse and put it in the middle of your living room and let them pick all the crabs off your crotch.....until they die

1 - 20 of 38 Posts