Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Formerly "Gr8archer"
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coming down court st (downtown flint) at about 12... some drunk [censor] came down a side ride and nailed my rear passenger side. I think he hit right at the tire. Right after they hit me, (it was him and his gf, both trashed, both suspended licenses) the ppl in the house they came from ran down, all of them drunk. I was afraid to call the cops because I would of pry got the shit kicked outta me, so I called my parents (I know I am a pussy) and my mom called the cops when her and my dad got there. They were all trying to get me to not call, offering to pay for damages, give me money (which by the looks of it they didn't have). 4 of the people there got put in cop cars, only 2 were in the car that hit me. My jeep didn't get any body damage but it did bend my rim and my breaks are dragging... I have full coverage, so we will see tomorrow what will happen... and if something isn't covered, I might sue or something.

So its 3am and I have to work in the morning... I am going to bed... I will keep all updated tomorrow after I make some calls.

That is all.

·
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
843 Posts
Wow, at least your ok. Good luck on the repairs.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
fucking drunken idiots. glad your ok dude, even a minor accident is scary.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Good Thinking calling your parents,........nowadays it is always smart to have backup,......Glad you are okay.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,867 Posts
sorry to hear that but could of been worse!

Since you said your rim is bent, I would check to make sure your axle shaft isn't. I was hit on my tire by a truck and it cracked the rim. Put a new set on and the tire would wobble like crazy!

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
A friend of mine years ago was in the same situation, he was returning home from work. He was a drywaller doing a house in an urban development area in Detroit. A driver, wasn't even drunk, ran a stop sign and T-Boned him. My friend was dragged from his truck and had the shit beat out of him.

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
Glad you ok Jeeps are Cheap

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
I'm so sorry...Glad you are OK and the Jeep only has what appears to be minimal damage....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts