Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
48 in a 35. He wrote me for 5 over. He said since I have a good driving record (1st ticket in over 7 years) he would get the judge to drop it to impeding traffic. :woot:

However I could swear I have had several tickets in the past 7 years dropped to impeding traffic. These would not show on my record? :confused:

42,948 Posts
they show up. but no points.

I have 9 impeding tickets in the last 5 years. Cops always will take that over a real ticket, because no points, but the fine is 175..

more money for the city you were nailed in.

·
Registered
410 Posts
they show up. but no points.

I have 9 impeding tickets in the last 5 years. Cops always will take that over a real ticket, because no points, but the fine is 175..

more money for the city you were nailed in.
I think the fine matters on what city you are in. I got one in Redford and it was $140.

42,948 Posts
What is "impeding"? Call me stupid but I havent had a speeding ticket in 12 years or so.
impeding is a simple way for the county to make more money. I've had everything from speeding tickets, failure to yield, not a complete stop, etc switched to impeding. Higher fine, but zero points. And if you have a lot of vehicles, you'd rather pay the one time fine then having insurance go up across the board.

·
Retired double dipper
984 Posts
I thought "impeding traffic" was the citation given to those operating farm equipment on a public highway?

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 300 of 1949

257.676b Interference with normal flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic prohibited; exception; violation as civil infraction.

Sec. 676b.

(1) A person, without authority, shall not block, obstruct, impede, or otherwise interfere with the normal flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic upon a public street or highway in this state, by means of a barricade, object, or device, or with his or her person. This section shall not apply to persons maintaining, rearranging, or constructing public utility facilities in or adjacent to a street or highway.

(2) A person who violates this section is responsible for a civil infraction.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
I recently got a speeding ticket on M-24 by the palace. They sit no the bridge and laser you, then have 4 more cops around the corner to pull you over.

There are two things a judge/magistrate can do. I forget the specific name of which is which. In my case (and most peoples there), they drop it to 0 points, and you pay the fine (it was $100 for me, original ticket as 1-5 over), theres no points, but its on your visible record. If you have a valid excuse, they can change it to not show on the record. A guy there got that, because he was on the way to his dentist for a emergency repair and had a letter. He still paid the fine, but his doesn't show on his record.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
My last speeding ticket (one of two) was for impeding. They just want money it was on Telegraph just over the 696 bridge. They have several people pulled over there every day. I was bs'ing with my passenger and forgot where I was.

·
I Ride a Bike
2,336 Posts
i got one last friday, 40 in a 25, i wasn't even paying attention, i just saw that the bridge that is normally a traffic jam was completly empty and i just accelerated off the corner to close the gap, and bam! lazered.

15 over, wrote me up for 5 over, first ticket i've received.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got an impeding traffic fine ($150.00) last Saturday in Taylor. I was doing 16 over in a construction zone. All things considered, I think I got-off easy.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
I got an impeding traffic ticket a year or two ago in Rochester and it was only $115, guess they are cheaper there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts