Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't my first post but I suppose I can still introduce myself. I was reffered to this place when I posted a question looking for a good shop in the Lansing area on Spartantailgate.com.

I am a junior at Michigan State studying Food Science and have lived in Lansing most of my life. I work as a cook and have for a while.

I am definitely not a gearhead. My section of the family is kind of the black sheep because my dad is one of the least mechanically inclined people I know and almost everyone on my mom's side works in the automotive industry in one way or another.

Last summer I bought a scooter (Hyosung Prima SF50) to get to class/work. Besides being a great way to get around town it has also given me a chance to do some tinkering. So far I have disabled the CDI govenor, removed and painted some body pieces, and taken apart the variator to install new rollar weights.

I've read quite a bit here in the past few days and this seems like a fun board with lots of great knowledge mixed in. I obviously won't have much to add to the technical threads but will try to interject somethings in the OT threads where I can. My other interests are sports (particularly MSU fb/bb + the wings & tigs), music (all over the map but mostly rock/blues type stuff) and I can hold my own in the computer/home theater department as well.

Cheers :beer:

·
Skymaster
2,531 Posts
why did you buy a chinese scooter? it is going to break soon and then you won't be able to get any parts. shoulda gone with a honda or yamaha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why did you buy a chinese scooter? it is going to break soon and then you won't be able to get any parts. shoulda gone with a honda or yamaha.
It's actually Korean and the company has a pretty good reputation. They used to design engines and build bikes for susuki. My bike has the same engine as a popular susuki model so parts seem pretty easy to find.

Once the weather turns I am going to put on a new exhaust & some new tires (I'm open to recommendations on tires). The thing should have some pretty good get-up-and-go:beerbang:.

I went with this over one of the big boys because it was over a grand cheaper than the zuma I looked at.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts