Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you all fasten the hoses and brake line to the upper link? I am using zip ties rite now but the hose does not stay ontop after a while and rotates to the bottom of the link.

I can't weld a stud as they are 7075 aluminum.

Thinking of using a spit collar and welding a plate to that, then I could weld a stud and clamp the llines to that?

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,896 Posts
1. Befriend someone who can tig al.
2. Take new friend beer.
3. Have new friend weld tabs on for you.

Or, spend some time and make the ones you put up... Probably a better idea since you would have to rotate the links if you needed to adjust the suspension links.

Or, acquire a tax write off by purchasing a tig?

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol. Guess i'll just beer myself......

I just didn't really want to mess up the pretty links!!!! As for rotating the links, I don't see myself ever moving them from their current position.

I just like having things removable and gives me an excuses to use the mill.... I'm sure i'll screw it up and end up buying them.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would think you could 3D print something
PETG is pretty strong... interesting ideal.....

I would use a split collar with a tab welded to them. Or tab that is fastened to the link with a hose clamp.
I might jut buy some 2" split collars and weld/bolt to those a clamp. Then they are moveable and such.

People laugh at me for using zip ties but they work.
Maybe I just need more zipties! On the old hose I used hose clamps and that works amazing! But I noticed it was cutting into the outer protective jacket. I suppose I could wrap the hydraulic hose with some heater hose and hose clamp to that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts