Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I have been thinking a lot lately about getting back to riding in some capacity. These new (to me) 150 2 stroke enduros seems really appealing. Anyone had any experience with these machines? (links below to each)

Any input would be much appreciated. Oh, and please no "up selling" something larger. I am only 5' 7" and 150 pounds, so I don't want something that will A) kill a guy who hasn't ridden in over a decade, and B) is a bear to lug around and handle.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/us/off-road/2-stroke/te-150/

https://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/150-xc-w/chassis

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
those are cool little bikes. Perfect trail bombers. I know that husqvarna and ktm are essentially the same. Both are the exact same 143.99cc electric start and carbureted, all the tech specs are identical. So to me it would come down to price, parts availability and what body work you like better. Plus go find a dealer with them and sit on em and see what feels better or looks better in person. I feel regardless of your choice you'll be happy

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those are cool little bikes. Perfect trail bombers. I know that husqvarna and ktm are essentially the same. Both are the exact same 143.99cc electric start and carbureted, all the tech specs are identical. So to me it would come down to price, parts availability and what body work you like better. Plus go find a dealer with them and sit on em and see what feels better or looks better in person. I feel regardless of your choice you'll be happy
Yes I agree, great for the trails! I suspected that they were very similar, if not the same, but the one thing I did notice is the rear suspension is different on each of them. One being linkage and one being PDS. Is one preferable over the other for trail riding?

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Yes I agree, great for the trails! I suspected that they were very similar, if not the same, but the one thing I did notice is the rear suspension is different on each of them. One being linkage and one being PDS. Is one preferable over the other for trail riding?
Not really. Ktm has been doing link less suspension for years. They both ride the same. Just operate differently. It really boils down to looks and parts. Always wanted a husky though lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really. Ktm has been doing link less suspension for years. They both ride the same. Just operate differently. It really boils down to looks and parts. Always wanted a husky though lol

Yes me too!!! Sadly, there aren't any dealers that are very close, although I suppose that isn't a deal breaker.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

From what I read last night online, if you're more a rocks, trees, trails, "rough terrain" kind of guy who doesn't fly through whoops and things like that, the Huskys link setup tends to be better. This would be my riding style in general, can anyone comment yes or no on the accuracy of what I've read?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The KTM XC-W models are more the enduro/trail bike. The XC models are a little more off-road race inspired, kind of a halfway between the XC-W enduro and SX motocross bike.

That Husky is interesting. It has the linked shock of the XC and SX models, but has the same front fork as the XC-W (and not the XC and SX models). All the TE models look to be like that. So who knows, appears to be a mix of the XC-W and XC models. Kind of cool to have so many options.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The KTM XC-W models are more the enduro/trail bike. The XC models are a little more off-road race inspired, kind of a halfway between the XC-W enduro and SX motocross bike.

That Husky is interesting. It has the linked shock of the XC and SX models, but has the same front fork as the XC-W (and not the XC and SX models). All the TE models look to be like that. So who knows, appears to be a mix of the XC-W and XC models. Kind of cool to have so many options.
Since I am not a very tall rider, I think the Husky will give me better options if I need to lower it. I plan on going to look at both before making a final decision though. :nana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I read last night online, if you're more a rocks, trees, trails, "rough terrain" kind of guy who doesn't fly through whoops and things like that, the Huskys link setup tends to be better. This would be my riding style in general, can anyone comment yes or no on the accuracy of what I've read?
Think you got this backwards from what i have read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts