Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
the music on the first video was so horrible I gave up......

Glad to see someone is using their h3's....I had one, I always thought it could be fairly capable but had too much body to damage considering how much they cost....so never got mine off road really.

·
I wheel, therefore I am
340 Posts
Chris - as ussual good vids....

Jarhead uses his truck and uses it for one purpose.... today he "modified" his roof rack.... so... next weekend... we will be "re-modifing" it with some improvements... if anyone cares to join...... modifications will be happening in Waterford...

Scott
'01 HMCO
'46 CJ2A

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
I am aware, I was afraid to use mine because it cost too damn much to sratch or dent.
My bosses son just picked up an '06 with some 285' Cooper mud terrains. He tells me he wants to go wheelin' with it....but a week later he pulls into the work with some 26's on it. Talk about bling.

He did keep the stock rims and 285's. I'm trying to get him up the pig roast.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
My buddy has a H3 with the big tire option it did really well in tellico

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
My buddy has a H3 with the big tire option it did really well in tellico
That's what mine had, the bigger tires (285's) the rear locker option, and the 4-1 (?) lo range, plus I ordered a stick :thumb:

I think it would have done "fairly" well on the trails I don't see why it wouldn't. But pure size and lack of suspension would have been the limiting factors IMO.

And like I said they cost too much to scratch or dent.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
I tried to watch the snow run in Grayling, but it was too hard core for me. They were driving through snow and stuff.

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
the music on the first video was so horrible I gave up......

Glad to see someone is using their h3's....I had one, I always thought it could be fairly capable but had too much body to damage considering how much they cost....so never got mine off road really.
Ur an ass,:poke: Come on now i suppose you would rather hear cherry pie..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what mine had, the bigger tires (285's) the rear locker option, and the 4-1 (?) lo range, plus I ordered a stick :thumb:

I think it would have done "fairly" well on the trails I don't see why it wouldn't. But pure size and lack of suspension would have been the limiting factors IMO.

And like I said they cost too much to scratch or dent.
Dude...if you're gonna buy a Hummer, for God's sake, USE IT! Don't be a puss, what's a little paint job later? I could give a rat's a$$ how much it costs, the damn thing'll go through most anything. I've been out to Moab with it, climbed through everything. Drummond Island was full of brutal trails, we followed 7 H1's through extreme trails in our H3's, only had to pull out the winch or strap a few time, but then again, they did too!

I've climbed things a Wrangler could never make it up with the short wheelbase, but my buddy's CJ beats me through the mudholes often...6000 lbs sinks easy. Advantages, disadvantages, but still lots of fun to wheel in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts